This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion, Trauma

enough

Bisexual Soprano Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

one of my best friends reached out to me. he asked why we (me and our other best friend) care about him. and we talked, and he told me about one time that he almost completely gave up. and we were the reason he pulled out of it

and i'm just feeling so emotional right now.Β  i remember that time. i was so scared that he was going to give up, and i am so incredibly grateful that our efforts were enough.

• Digital Mentor

5 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

one of my best friends reached out to me. he asked why we (me and our other best friend) care about him. and we talked, and he told me about one time that he almost completely gave up. and we were the reason he pulled out of it

and i'm just feeling so emotional right now.Β  i remember that time. i was so scared that he was going to give up, and i am so incredibly grateful that our efforts were enough.

Hi @Bisexual Soprano,

That sounds really tough for you and your friends to hear about. Are you OK?

I can tell this friend really appreciates you both and wanted you to know how they really feel and felt at that time. How did it feel to hear that? Do you think your friend is saying this because they are doing better now or are you still worried about them?

Staff-Account.png

18 hours ago, Duckie said:

Hi @Bisexual Soprano,

That sounds really tough for you and your friends to hear about. Are you OK?

I can tell this friend really appreciates you both and wanted you to know how they really feel and felt at that time. How did it feel to hear that? Do you think your friend is saying this because they are doing better now or are you still worried about them?

I'm doing alright, but I am still worried about him.Β  It's going to take time for him to get better.

• Digital Mentor

10 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I'm doing alright, but I am still worried about him.Β  It's going to take time for him to get better.

This makes complete sense, also, we are here as well if you need the space to talk more about thisΒ πŸ™‚

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 3/2/2024 at 12:24 AM, Bisexual Soprano said:

Hi @Bisexual Soprano, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? How is your friend? Do you mind me asking, if he is getting any additional support at all eg from a counsellor or mental health services? If not, do you think that's something he would consider to help him get better?Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 3/8/2024 at 2:21 AM, Aurora said:

Hi @Bisexual Soprano, I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing? How is your friend? Do you mind me asking, if he is getting any additional support at all eg from a counsellor or mental health services? If not, do you think that's something he would consider to help him get better?Β 

Thanks for checking in.Β  My friend is unfortunately not getting any support from mental health services, although I'm not sure how much it would help him.

On the note of how I'm doing, not well at all.Β  My grandpa died on Saturday and it's been a huge mess.

• Digital Mentor

1 hour ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Thanks for checking in.Β  My friend is unfortunately not getting any support from mental health services, although I'm not sure how much it would help him.

On the note of how I'm doing, not well at all.Β  My grandpa died on Saturday and it's been a huge mess.

Hi @Bisexual Soprano,

I'm sorry to hear that you're not doing well and that you've lost your grandpa. I can only imagine how this must make you feel. Where you and your grandpa close? ❀️ I am terribly sorry for your loss. Whether you expected this or not, it is still a bit shock. Are you able to get some rest and mourn?

Sorry to hear that your friend isn't currently accessing any mental health support... might be worth trying it though, as he seems really low. Can also advice on some free local support groups if that is of interest to your friend.

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

23 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I can see that @DuckieΒ has already replied to your post but I just wanted to say that I am so sorry to hear about your grandpa. Sending you much strength. We're here for you if you would like to talk about it. Please don't feel you have to though - just know that we are here for you if you need usΒ πŸ«‚

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor

On 3/11/2024 at 11:57 AM, Bisexual Soprano said:

Sad Best Friends GIF by Lisa Vertudaches

Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 4/6/2024 at 4:10 AM, Luie said:

Heyy @Bisexual Soprano, Just checking in. How are you doing?Β 

Doing well!Β  I'll have to change my username soon bc I no longer identify as bisexual πŸ˜… but school is going well.Β  Exam season is soon though and I am Not Ready for that

• Digital Mentor
On 4/17/2024 at 4:41 AM, Bisexual Soprano said:

Doing well!Β  I'll have to change my username soon bc I no longer identify as bisexual πŸ˜… but school is going well.Β  Exam season is soon though and I am Not Ready for that

Thanks for the update and for letting us know that you no longer identify as bisexual. I find it can be really exciting to find out more and more about ourselves and discover things about ourselves that we didn't know before. How are you feeling about it all?Β 

Glad to hear that school is going well. Exam season can be tough though. Let us know if you would like any support with anything.Β 

Staff-Account.png

On 4/6/2024 at 4:10 AM, Luie said:

Heyy @Bisexual Soprano, Just checking in. How are you doing?Β 

Better, thank you for checking in.Β  I have a sore throat though :/

• Digital Mentor
7 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Better, thank you for checking in.Β  I have a sore throat though :/

Sorry to hear that. Do you think you might be coming down with something?

Staff-Account.png