I have an extremely low BMI, but I dont feel unhealthy.

DiamondNuggetz    

I have a BMI of 12.9 which is about 5 below average, and I've been told by friends that it is dangerous. However, I don't feel unhealthy, and haven't seen any serious problems yet. Should I be concerned?

Hi Diamond Nuggetz,

As I am not a trained Doctor, but I would say that 12.5 is very low for a BMI. I would recommend speaking to a family member AND your local Dr or a school nurse - you can be underweight for a number of reasons and it is best to visit a health care professional and just clear up that there is nothing abnormal going on. Have you lost weight recently? What are you eating habits like?

Do you feel as though your friends are trying to look out for you when they make comments?

-Remi

Edited by Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.

My friends don't seem as concerned as shocked. I've come to accept it as a part of me for a while, until I hit puberty but didn't gain much weight at all. I think it may have to do with the fact that I take aderal every day. Could that be a factor?

Hey Diamond Nuggetz,

Do you take Adderall for ADD? Yes, a common side effect of Adderall is significant weight loss. If it isn't prescribed by a Dr, I would suggest not taking it it can have lots o.

Have family members shown concerns? I think seeing a Dr would be the best thing for you to do :)

-Remi

This Digital Mentor Account is no longer active.