This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Ways to be kind to yourself 💞

Megs-    

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"What a lovely post with lots of helpful ideas"

Megs- was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 30 points.

Hello hello, ditch the label, how are we all? Hope you are doing great, or if not, hope your day or night goes well, and that you are at peace and that you can have a well deserved sleep, if you’re going to bed, hope you sleep well 💕.

probably wondered what I am doing by writing this post, well as many know Valentine’s Day has just been and I wanted to write this post not just for Valentine’s Day but for everyone who need to be kind to their amazing selves, and for those who maybe are having a hard time right now, I am thinking of you all! Here are a list for those who are in need of some kind things to do for themselves, self-kindness is key to ourselves, so please be kind to yourself, your journey isn’t over yet, 🩷.

1) Do not expect perfection from yourself, you’re your own person, you do things that you’re comfortable with, never push yourself to a limit you can’t handle, do things that YOUR comfortable with, 🩷.

2) It’s okay to do things at a slowly pace, don’t rush yourself, if you need to do things at a slower pace, then do so! Yourself is in charge of your mind, don’t rush to please others, look after your mental health and wellbeing, you matter. 🩷

3, Remind yourself that you can do this, it might get tough at times but you have come this far, you can go further! I know that things can get to a point where you can’t see a way out, but you deserve to be here! No matter what, remind yourself of how amazing you are! You beautiful human being. 🩷

4)  Being vulnerable, ( by vulnerable, I mean sad infront of others,) that is okay, if you need to cry, or if you just want to be sad, that is okay! You are allowed to let your emotions out, every emotion or feeling you feel is valid, and that you deserve the support, if you need support, reach out to a helpline or the wonderful support mentors, @Digital Mentor, remember that your feelings are valid! 🩷

5)  Respect yourself, being kind to ourselves is key, remember, even when we feel like poop, doing some sort of self care is key, by self care, that could be all sorts of things, for example, brushing our hair, doing a face mask, listening to music, or taking a Luke warm shower. Self care is important, but when when we feel like rubbish, it can be hard to look after ourselves, so even doing something small is a improvement in itself!🩷

6) Most importantly is take one minute at a time, our bodies can’t handle a lot, they go into shut down mode. Remember, you know your body’s energy, and what it can handle, remember to be kind to our bodies. Do one step forward, and do it like baby steps, you got this! 🩷

7) Remember to eat, your mind can’t function without the energy it mostly needs to give you your energy, if you struggle to eat meals, snacking is valid too. ( me myself, I struggle, if I eat an apple, that is an achievement! ) even if you eat something small, that in itself is an achievement to celebrate! Remember, be proud of yourself in everything you do! 🩷

I know there are sooo many other ways to be kind to yourself, which I will gradually add, but I just wanted to put together a little list on ways to be kind to your mind, and body as you deserve it! I care about you all, and want you to be kind to yourself! I know it gets hard to be kind to ourselves, but you MATTER ! And, I know sometimes it gets very hard to even think about being kind to ourselves, but doing things gradually, will make such a difference! Much love to you all, remember DTL are here for you! You’re not alone, much love 🧡

spacer.png

spacer.png

#youmatter 🩷

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
On 2/15/2024 at 10:03 PM, Megs- said:

Hello hello, ditch the label, how are we all? Hope you are doing great, or if not, hope your day or night goes well, and that you are at peace and that you can have a well deserved sleep, if you’re going to bed, hope you sleep well 💕.

probably wondered what I am doing by writing this post, well as many know Valentine’s Day has just been and I wanted to write this post not just for Valentine’s Day but for everyone who need to be kind to their amazing selves, and for those who maybe are having a hard time right now, I am thinking of you all! Here are a list for those who are in need of some kind things to do for themselves, self-kindness is key to ourselves, so please be kind to yourself, your journey isn’t over yet, 🩷.

1) Do not expect perfection from yourself, you’re your own person, you do things that you’re comfortable with, never push yourself to a limit you can’t handle, do things that YOUR comfortable with, 🩷.

2) It’s okay to do things at a slowly pace, don’t rush yourself, if you need to do things at a slower pace, then do so! Yourself is in charge of your mind, don’t rush to please others, look after your mental health and wellbeing, you matter. 🩷

3, Remind yourself that you can do this, it might get tough at times but you have come this far, you can go further! I know that things can get to a point where you can’t see a way out, but you deserve to be here! No matter what, remind yourself of how amazing you are! You beautiful human being. 🩷

4)  Being vulnerable, ( by vulnerable, I mean sad infront of others,) that is okay, if you need to cry, or if you just want to be sad, that is okay! You are allowed to let your emotions out, every emotion or feeling you feel is valid, and that you deserve the support, if you need support, reach out to a helpline or the wonderful support mentors, @Digital Mentor, remember that your feelings are valid! 🩷

5)  Respect yourself, being kind to ourselves is key, remember, even when we feel like poop, doing some sort of self care is key, by self care, that could be all sorts of things, for example, brushing our hair, doing a face mask, listening to music, or taking a Luke warm shower. Self care is important, but when when we feel like rubbish, it can be hard to look after ourselves, so even doing something small is a improvement in itself!🩷

6) Most importantly is take one minute at a time, our bodies can’t handle a lot, they go into shut down mode. Remember, you know your body’s energy, and what it can handle, remember to be kind to our bodies. Do one step forward, and do it like baby steps, you got this! 🩷

7) Remember to eat, your mind can’t function without the energy it mostly needs to give you your energy, if you struggle to eat meals, snacking is valid too. ( me myself, I struggle, if I eat an apple, that is an achievement! ) even if you eat something small, that in itself is an achievement to celebrate! Remember, be proud of yourself in everything you do! 🩷

I know there are sooo many other ways to be kind to yourself, which I will gradually add, but I just wanted to put together a little list on ways to be kind to your mind, and body as you deserve it! I care about you all, and want you to be kind to yourself! I know it gets hard to be kind to ourselves, but you MATTER ! And, I know sometimes it gets very hard to even think about being kind to ourselves, but doing things gradually, will make such a difference! Much love to you all, remember DTL are here for you! You’re not alone, much love 🧡

spacer.png

spacer.png

#youmatter 🩷

I really enjoyed reading this and it has such good points. I am a sucker for good visuals so loved the' 'Note to self' one a lot! Thanks for sharing @Megs-

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Luie said:

I really enjoyed reading this and it has such good points. I am a sucker for good visuals so loved the' 'Note to self' one a lot! Thanks for sharing @Megs-

No worries, we forget that the person go needs kindness is ourselves, kindness is key, especially when we feel horrible about ourselves, love doing a face mask when I feel awful. Love doing my makeup also! It’s good! Love showing kindness to myself!  #Kindnessiskeytoagoodheart🩷

• Like 1

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Megs- said:

No worries, we forget that the person go needs kindness is ourselves, kindness is key, especially when we feel horrible about ourselves, love doing a face mask when I feel awful. Love doing my makeup also! It’s good! Love showing kindness to myself!  #Kindnessiskeytoagoodheart🩷

I think these are such important things we tend to forget sometimes. Face masks really are a great way to boost the mood, do you like sheet masks or like face packs? 

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Luie said:

I think these are such important things we tend to forget sometimes. Face masks really are a great way to boost the mood, do you like sheet masks or like face packs? 

Sheet! Bought a lavender one few days ago, omg it was beautiful! Love lavender 

• Digital Mentor
44 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Sheet! Bought a lavender one few days ago, omg it was beautiful! Love lavender 

Really love it! 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
On 2/15/2024 at 10:03 PM, Megs- said:

spacer.png

spacer.png

#youmatter 🩷

How thoughtful of you @Megs- 🤩 I love this! This is the kind of peer support I think is so valuable for people to read. Bless you. I can see how hard you worked on putting this together. Have you thought more about doing a blog? 😊

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

16 minutes ago, Duckie said:

How thoughtful of you @Megs- 🤩 I love this! This is the kind of peer support I think is so valuable for people to read. Bless you. I can see how hard you worked on putting this together. Have you thought more about doing a blog? 😊

On here? I could put together  a blog with things like this. But I’ve never done a blog on here before so I don’t know what to do 😂🩷

• Digital Mentor
4 minutes ago, Megs- said:

On here? I could put together  a blog with things like this. But I’ve never done a blog on here before so I don’t know what to do 😂🩷

For SURE! You have a way with words and you clearly enjoy writing so writing here might be a good start. What do you think? 😊

You can find it top centre (to the left side of CS). Let me know if you need any help setting anything up. And no pressure to do this of course 😊

image.png

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

For SURE! You have a way with words and you clearly enjoy writing so writing here might be a good start. What do you think? 😊

You can find it top centre (to the left side of CS). Let me know if you need any help setting anything up. And no pressure to do this of course 😊

image.png

Of course thank you. Will definitely start putting a blog together 😊. Just woke up so will start it in a few hours :)

• Digital Mentor
9 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Of course thank you. Will definitely start putting a blog together 😊. Just woke up so will start it in a few hours :)

I think this will be a really meaningful way to start your day ❤️ I look forward to reading it!

Staff-Account.png

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

I think this will be a really meaningful way to start your day ❤️ I look forward to reading it!

Of course! Are you on tonight? If so, I’ll have it started by tonight ☺️. Of course I’ll have to copy and paste this post I did as I cba to write it all out took me ages 😂😂

• Digital Mentor
21 minutes ago, Megs- said:

Of course! Are you on tonight? If so, I’ll have it started by tonight ☺️. Of course I’ll have to copy and paste this post I did as I cba to write it all out took me ages 😂😂

I am! Happy to look at it with you when I'm online this eve. Anytime between 7 and 10 pm is fine 😊

Staff-Account.png

32 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I am! Happy to look at it with you when I'm online this eve. Anytime between 7 and 10 pm is fine 😊

Perfect 🤩 

• Like 1