What 1 thing would you like to see from Ditch the Label this year?

Harper ย  ย 

• Ditch the Label Staff

If you had a magic wand and could manifest anything, what would it be? This could be anything from a change to the community, to new subjects to get support on, content ideas and new tools. Whatever it is, we'd love to hear from you!

Post your idea below and we'll consider everything.ย ๐Ÿค 

Staff-Account.png

ย Changes to the reaction emojis (i.e revert them back to the old ones)ย 

give an option in CS to mark a conversation as โ€œclosedโ€ instead of โ€œresolvedโ€ย 

Add back the option for the old version of the website in dark mode.

Remove the falling emojis gif at the bottom of the site. (It interferes with being able to see things and I among plenty of other people find gifs overwhelming)ย 

I think literally any of these would be good.

Edited by TheForeverTired
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Harper said:

If you had a magic wand and could manifest anything, what would it be? This could be anything from a change to the community, to new subjects to get support on, content ideas and new tools. Whatever it is, we'd love to hear from you!

Post your idea below and we'll consider everything.ย ๐Ÿค 

Revert the emojis

Add more educational stuff; make articles on the main site translate onto the forums or make it easier to be able to go from one to the other (the main site filters you to here, while the forums ignore the main site)

Stop the thing that asks you to mark an answer to a topic from being so aggressive. Honestly, I don't think we need emails for that

• Like 2

A notification when a mentor replies in CS!!!

• Like 4

How about the ability to quote in cs?

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I was just thinking about that earlier.

• Digital Mentor
On 1/24/2024 at 4:02 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

You can quote in CS but it's not as straight forward as on the forum. There is a quote symbol at the top, next to font and the alignments. Click on that and then you have to copy paste, whatever youย  want to quote. Not sure if that helps and if that's what you mean by 'the ability to quote in cs'?

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff

Thanks for all of the ideas so far, please keep them coming!

There are lots of suggestions on the topic of CS - we are going to be making quite a few changes in this space, namely changing the platform that CS operates on - so many of these ideas/pressure points may be addressed by the switch over. This should happen in the coming months.

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 1/24/2024 at 3:43 PM, TheForeverBroken said:

ย Changes to the reaction emojis (i.e revert them back to the old ones)ย 

give an option in CS to mark a conversation as โ€œclosedโ€ instead of โ€œresolvedโ€ย 

Add back the option for the old version of the website in dark mode.

Remove the falling emojis gif at the bottom of the site. (It interferes with being able to see things and I among plenty of other people find gifs overwhelming)ย 

I think literally any of these would be good.

Would it be possible to share a screenshot of how the falling emoji's appear for you? You can do this in a DM to me. Also please lt me know which device/browser you are using!

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 1/24/2024 at 3:55 PM, Emberfrost12 said:

Revert the emojis

Add more educational stuff; make articles on the main site translate onto the forums or make it easier to be able to go from one to the other (the main site filters you to here, while the forums ignore the main site)

Stop the thing that asks you to mark an answer to a topic from being so aggressive. Honestly, I don't think we need emails for that

Do you have any ideas on how we could bring articles in to the community in a more meaningful way? We're always exploring new ways to merge the main site with the community so would welcome any thoughts on this!

RE: Mark as solved emails, I am trying to find the tool to disable this. Would you please forward me an email that you've had? I will DM you the email address now!

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Harper said:

Do you have any ideas on how we could bring articles in to the community in a more meaningful way? We're always exploring new ways to merge the main site with the community so would welcome any thoughts on this!

RE: Mark as solved emails, I am trying to find the tool to disable this. Would you please forward me an email that you've had? I will DM you the email address now!

-Another tab at the top for access to basically the part of the main site that has the articles. It would basically open the main site without actually opening the main site. Either that or have a switch on the side that would allow you to switch between main site and forums. Although, you'd always go back to home..l

-The ability to log in to the main site with our accounts - (I know that this was the intention but it doesn't work. Also, if you do create an account, it's next to impossible to find a place to log in with it). I was going to tell you to fix the john doe thingamabob but I just looked that up, and apparently, it's a thing. Huh.ย 

-Or possibly do it by introducing another forum space where the articles automatically post as either blogs or actual posts. And any comments will double onto the main site, possibly?

I forwarded that to you :)

On 1/31/2024 at 9:03 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

-Another tab at the top for access to basically the part of the main site that has the articles. It would basically open the main site without actually opening the main site. Either that or have a switch on the side that would allow you to switch between main site and forums. Although, you'd always go back to home..l

-The ability to log in to the main site with our accounts - (I know that this was the intention but it doesn't work. Also, if you do create an account, it's next to impossible to find a place to log in with it). I was going to tell you to fix the john doe thingamabob but I just looked that up, and apparently, it's a thing. Huh.ย 

-Or possibly do it by introducing another forum space where the articles automatically post as either blogs or actual posts. And any comments will double onto the main site, possibly?

I forwarded that to you :)

Does that make any sense, @Harper?

I have a relatively weird one; being able to save drafts of blogs so that you don't have to work on them all at once

• Like 1