Depressed I guess

BusinessBee    

Sometimes I just feel like I’m excluded from everything. I have this longing for a connection with someone else that I know will never happen. I don’t know how to describe it. But I know that’ll never happen: I’m ugly, I’m a terrible person in my eyes, I’m weird, I’m too quiet, and I’m awkward. I honestly hate myself. I hate everything about me. I’ve tried to change and be more open, but it just never happens. Sometimes I wish I was born someone else. Being gay is one of the worst things God has thrown at me. And I hate it so fucking much.

• Digital Mentor
6 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

Sometimes I just feel like I’m excluded from everything. I have this longing for a connection with someone else that I know will never happen. I don’t know how to describe it. But I know that’ll never happen: I’m ugly, I’m a terrible person in my eyes, I’m weird, I’m too quiet, and I’m awkward. I honestly hate myself. I hate everything about me. I’ve tried to change and be more open, but it just never happens. Sometimes I wish I was born someone else. Being gay is one of the worst things God has thrown at me. And I hate it so fucking much.

Hi there @BusinessBee, It's nice to hear from you again. Although I am sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. I get the impression that you're being quite hard on yourself. Would you agree? Do you know if anything triggered this? Also, can I ask, can you remember a time where you felt more positive about yourself. If so, when was that and what was different then? We're here for you 🫂

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

Hi there @BusinessBee, It's nice to hear from you again. Although I am sorry to hear that you're struggling at the moment. I get the impression that you're being quite hard on yourself. Would you agree? Do you know if anything triggered this? Also, can I ask, can you remember a time where you felt more positive about yourself. If so, when was that and what was different then? We're here for you 🫂

Hey Aurora! Been a while lol

I think this was triggered by my breakup if I'm being honest. The last time I can remember being ok with myself was probably Fall last year.

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, BusinessBee said:

Hey Aurora! Been a while lol

I think this was triggered by my breakup if I'm being honest. The last time I can remember being ok with myself was probably Fall last year.

Thank you for sharing that with me. Breakups can be really tough and they can knock our self esteem big time! I've been there myself. What might be helpful is to really focus on yourself and your own wellbeing right now. I'm wondering, what are some of the things you enjoy doing and can you think of anything that you're good at? Also, what would you say to a friend, if they came to you and said that this is how they are feeling? We're often really hard on ourselves so I find, thinking about it from a friends perspective can help us to be more kind to ourselves. Do you think that might work for you, too? 

Also, you mentioned about being OK with yourself back in the Fall last year. Can you tell me a bit more about that time? What were some of the things you liked about yourself then? 

Staff-Account.png