Q: What's the best Christmas/Holidays chocolate or candy?

Ivy the Elf    

18 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I'm also from Canada and I have Quality Streets every year for Christmas!!!! Maybe it's different in other parts of Canada, idk though lol.

Oh maybe lol 

18 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I'm also from Canada and I have Quality Streets every year for Christmas!!!! Maybe it's different in other parts of Canada, idk though lol.

Huh. Assuming you're not from alberta?

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Nala said:

I love marzipan! 

I wish they did marzipan pigs where I live. They sound amazing! Plus pigs are one of my favourite animals 😊

If you could get your hands on some marzipan, there are guides you can follow to make the ones exactly like we do in Sweden! I usually make marzipan bunnies myself. But turns out I'm the only one in my Swenglish family that eats it, so I haven't bothered lately  😅

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, catgal05 said:

Omg they look sooo cute 🥺 and sound delicious.

They are a proper treat! I wish they did them here! Sometimes my local Lidl brings in Swedish stuff randomly so fingers crossed! 😅

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

They are a proper treat! I wish they did them here! Sometimes my local Lidl brings in Swedish stuff randomly so fingers crossed! 😅

☺️ Fingers crossed for you 

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, Duckie said:

If you could get your hands on some marzipan, there are guides you can follow to make the ones exactly like we do in Sweden! I usually make marzipan bunnies myself. But turns out I'm the only one in my Swenglish family that eats it, so I haven't bothered lately  😅

Oooo, going to have to go to the shop to get some Marzipan soon! I’d try my best to use the guides to make one, but I’d probably end up getting annoyed and eat all the Marzipan as I’m attempting to make one xD  

That sounds amazing that you used to make marzipan bunnies yourself! You sound  really talented! 

Oh haha 😂 

• Digital Mentor
19 minutes ago, Nala said:

Oooo, going to have to go to the shop to get some Marzipan soon! I’d try my best to use the guides to make one, but I’d probably end up getting annoyed and eat all the Marzipan as I’m attempting to make one xD  

That sounds amazing that you used to make marzipan bunnies yourself! You sound  really talented! 

Oh haha 😂 

The amount of times I've ended up eating things that were intended to look beautiful 😅 I mean your tummy won't tell the difference so I say that's still a win 😅

If you do try to make one I would love to see it of course! 

• Like 2

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Duckie said:

The amount of times I've ended up eating things that were intended to look beautiful 😅 I mean your tummy won't tell the difference so I say that's still a win 😅

If you do try to make one I would love to see it of course! 

Same 😅

oh I will definitely show you if I decide to make one!

• Like 1

I didn't mention my favorite!! Terry's oranges for the win! They're orange-flavored chocolate replicas of an orange (minus the peel, of course), so the slices are textured and there's even a chocolate stem in the middle, but they taste really good

• Like 2
  • Yaaas 1

On 12/2/2023 at 8:24 AM, Nala said:

Quality street chocolates. (Especially the green triangle!)

Okay. So. It took some looking (The candy isle of two different stores, plus the christmas area of one of them) but I found quality streets. However, it was kind of different than what you're describing, and also, 22.99 which I am much too cheap for. I might get that tin if I can talk a friend into going halfsies with me

• Like 3

On 12/1/2023 at 10:34 AM, Ivy the Elf said:

A: Maltesers from Celebrations, amirite? 

And I have had zero luck finding these. Might have to try *another* store

On 12/5/2023 at 11:21 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

Huh. Assuming you're not from alberta?

Lol nope. More East than that :)

7 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I didn't mention my favorite!! Terry's oranges for the win! They're orange-flavored chocolate replicas of an orange (minus the peel, of course), so the slices are textured and there's even a chocolate stem in the middle, but they taste really good

That's so funny--I just learned what those are earlier today! I found a Terry's Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake recipe that I might try too!

8 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

I love chocolate orange too 😁

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Lol nope. More East than that :)

Manitoba!

16 hours ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

That's so funny--I just learned what those are earlier today! I found a Terry's Chocolate Orange Loaf Cake recipe that I might try too!

Terry's oranges are soooo good

• Like 1

On 12/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, Emberfrost12 said:

I love Terry's chocolate oranges! I've only been able to try one a couple of times before, but they're so good.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned peppermint bark as a favorite candy, though!

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, Nala said:

Anyone tried the new mint Terry’s chocolate orange yet?

My husband loves them! I can't stand mint but he says they are good 😊 Have you noticed they have also done and After Eight Orange Mint?! Got it today as a stocking filler 😊

• Like 3

Staff-Account.png

4 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Manitoba!

A little more east—Ontario :)

9 minutes ago, Ghost of Rain said:

I love Terry's chocolate oranges! I've only been able to try one a couple of times before, but they're so good.

I'm surprised nobody's mentioned peppermint bark as a favorite candy, though!

Wow you guys are really making me want Terry’s Choc Oranges now lol. 

I love peppermint bark! I actually forgot about that! SO GOOOOD.

28 minutes ago, Duckie said:

My husband loves them! I can't stand mint but he says they are good 😊 Have you noticed they have also done and After Eight Orange Mint?! Got it today as a stocking filler 😊

I haven’t tried one yet.. I love mint so I reckon I’d like it! 
ooo I love after eights! Gonna have to get some! 😊

• Digital Mentor
6 minutes ago, Nala said:

I haven’t tried one yet.. I love mint so I reckon I’d like it! 
ooo I love after eights! Gonna have to get some! 😊

Let me know what you think of them. I actually do like a bit of After Eight (but otherwise I can't really stand it), so might nick one off my husband if they're good!

• Haha 1

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Duckie said:

Let me know what you think of them. I actually do like a bit of After Eight (but otherwise I can't really stand it), so might nick one off my husband if they're good!

I will do! 
haha don’t blame you! I’d do the same 😅

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I messaged you on CS 😊