Book recs :):):)

Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once Β  Β 

Hi all!!!!!! I have some more book recommendations!Β 

-Every Variable of Us by Charles A Bush (LGBTQ+ and racism/islamophobia)

-A Short History of Queer Women (non-fiction but absolutely hilarious--also definitely for older readers)

-Coraline (the book is technically a children's book and the movie is way scarier, but it's an experience lol)

-The Hate U Give (if other people have read it please tell me what you thought of it! I thought it was beautiful and sad and a great and powerful read!)

-The Street by Ann Petry (also powerful)

-The Colour Purple (ALSO powerful and sad and devastating but again, beautiful. Plus it has a lesbian main character who absolutely rocks with a quote when she compares men to frogs but I won't spoil--there's more context to that lol. All men aren't frogs)

-Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (more LGBTQ+ 😊. For people who've read it, what did you think?)

-Circe (also pretty good. I know some people have other opinions though...what did you think, if you've read it?)

Β 

That's all for now! Let me know if you've read any (or all) of these!). ALSO, has anyone seen the Ballad of Songbirds of Snakes movie??? I read the book and thought it was the best Hunger Games book, but not sure if I should watch the movie!

• 1 month later...
On 11/22/2023 at 5:55 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

-A Short History of Queer Women (non-fiction but absolutely hilarious--also definitely for older readers)

-Coraline (the book is technically a children's book and the movie is way scarier, but it's an experience lol)

-The Hate U Give (if other people have read it please tell me what you thought of it! I thought it was beautiful and sad and a great and powerful read!)

-The Colour Purple (ALSO powerful and sad and devastating but again, beautiful. Plus it has a lesbian main character who absolutely rocks with a quote when she compares men to frogs but I won't spoil--there's more context to that lol. All men aren't frogs)

-Aristotle and Dante Discover the Secrets of the Universe (more LGBTQ+ 😊. For people who've read it, what did you think?)

-Circe (also pretty good. I know some people have other opinions though...what did you think, if you've read it?)

That's all for now! Let me know if you've read any (or all) of these!). ALSO, has anyone seen the Ballad of Songbirds of Snakes movie??? I read the book and thought it was the best Hunger Games book, but not sure if I should watch the movie!

THE BOSAS MOVIE IS SO GOODΒ 

yes, def watch it!!!Β 

it wasnt changed too much so, yeah watched it

• 2 weeks later...
On 1/4/2024 at 1:03 PM, swiftie_am_i? said:

yes, def watch it!!!Β 

ooh okay I'll watch it

• 3 weeks later...

Helloooo I've been gone awhile.

On 1/4/2024 at 3:03 PM, swiftie_am_i? said:

yes, def watch it!!!Β 

Hellooo I've been gone awhile! I actually did end up watching the movie Dec 31st! I thought it wasn't too bad to be honest!Β 

• Digital Mentor
On 11/22/2023 at 11:55 PM, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

I just had a look at all your book recs. I haven't read the Hate U Give yet but it sounds really interesting. It's now on my list of books to read. I can see that they have also turned it into a movie. Do you know if that is any good?Β Β 

I read the Colour Purple a while back and thought it was very powerful, like you said. I thought the movie was good, too

Β 

Staff-Account.png

Γ—
Γ—