my friends dont take me being bi seriously

luci Β  Β 

my friends, mostly one specifically wont stop calling me a lesbian and none of my friends believe i like men too??? I've had 2 of my friends say they won't believe I'm bi until i date a dude and its driving me freakin crazy and every time I try to say it bugs me, they think it's funny that im mad 😭

14 hours ago, luci said:

my friends, mostly one specifically wont stop calling me a lesbian and none of my friends believe i like men too??? I've had 2 of my friends say they won't believe I'm bi until i date a dude and its driving me freakin crazy and every time I try to say it bugs me, they think it's funny that im mad 😭

Hi there, Luci.

I am so sorry to hear this, I hear how much this is affecting you. Firstly I just wanted to say you have been very brave in sharing this with us so thank you. I am also very sorry that your friends are not accepting of you being Bi-Sexual. You are allowed to have interests that you feel comfortable with, and it sounds like your friends are not supporting you with that. I just wanted to let you know that we at DTL are here and support you, and you can be happy here and we’ll support you. You are not alone, hugs πŸ«‚.

Β 

megs xx

14 hours ago, luci said:

Hey Luci, I can understand how annoying that is. This is one of those difficult situations where there is really no way to stop them from doing it, but you have to remind yourself that it is both none of their business, and you will prove them wrong at some point. A lot of this probably also stems from the stereotype of lesbian/gay people using the bi label because they're 'scared to come all the way out'. It might help them stop if you actually recognize and address that stereotype directly, because it can stop the comments from where they've originated from. What do you think of that?

Γ—
Γ—