Came out to my mom

Mostlyhuman    

Hey! I’m sixteen and a few days ago I left a letter on the counter coming out as a lesbian to my mom. It’s not going great, she’s always been a little bit against me as a person (she had me young and said it ruined her life) but now she took my phone away, has basically grounded me, I’m not allowed to talk to any of my siblings, she won’t even talk to me and I’m not allowed to get food for myself so that I won’t “contaminate the rest of it”. Anyways sorry for that dump I just was wondering if anyone has any advice about what I should do?

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, Mostlyhuman said:

Hey! I’m sixteen and a few days ago I left a letter on the counter coming out as a lesbian to my mom. It’s not going great, she’s always been a little bit against me as a person (she had me young and said it ruined her life) but now she took my phone away, has basically grounded me, I’m not allowed to talk to any of my siblings, she won’t even talk to me and I’m not allowed to get food for myself so that I won’t “contaminate the rest of it”. Anyways sorry for that dump I just was wondering if anyone has any advice about what I should do?

Hi @Mostlyhuman,

I sent you a message on confidential support :)

Staff-Account.png

15 hours ago, Mostlyhuman said:

Hugs 🫂

Sorry to hear your thoughts 😔 I hope she will calm down soon for you.

You definitely should not feel like you need to be grounded.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Mostlyhuman said:

That sounds really difficult. I know how hard it is to be treated like something is wrong with you, but I want to reassure you that it is not true. I'm sorry that I don't really have any advice, but I hope this helps anyway. 

• Like 2

• Digital Mentor
On 10/1/2023 at 11:57 PM, Mostlyhuman said:

Hi there, I'm Aurora, one of the other support mentors here. I'm really sorry to hear how your mom reacted when you came out to her. I can see that @Duckie has already reached out to you via confidential support. I just wanted to echo what @Emberfrost12 said and reassure you that you have done nothing wrong and you have nothing to feel bad about. We are here for you and you don't have to go through this on your own. 

Staff-Account.png