This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion

I don’t know what to do

soph ie    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I am scared

i don’t want to be bad again but it can’t be stopped

i can’t stop it my friends can’t stop it and now even a therapist can’t stop it

i went in for help with mental health but because I’ve attempted suicide in the past by overdosing they can’t give me medication for my depression

now my friends have gone to uni and I’m left behind alone with no one left 

theres no one left to care or to convince myself to stay for and there’s no one to go out for the day with to distract myself

i just don’t know how to stop feeling like I want to die when there is nothing left at all 

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Heavy emotion

Click this notice to reveal the content.
6 hours ago, soph ie said:

I am scared

i don’t want to be bad again but it can’t be stopped

i can’t stop it my friends can’t stop it and now even a therapist can’t stop it

i went in for help with mental health but because I’ve attempted suicide in the past by overdosing they can’t give me medication for my depression

now my friends have gone to uni and I’m left behind alone with no one left 

theres no one left to care or to convince myself to stay for and there’s no one to go out for the day with to distract myself

i just don’t know how to stop feeling like I want to die when there is nothing left at all 

Hi @sop hie, it's good to hear from you again. I can remember that you reached out to us the last time you felt like this and I get a sense that you are really good at recognising when you need some extra support with your mental health. By recognising this and reaching out you're already doing something for your wellbeing. What do you think? 

You mentioned that your friends have gone to uni and you feel left behind. Change can be really difficult to deal with and a lot of us struggle with change. Especially if the new situation makes us feel alone. One of the things I find useful to remember is that change also brings new opportunities. And new opportunities can help us develop and move forward. If you like we can think about this some more together? 

I did notice how you said that you don't know how to stop feeling like you want to die and I wanted to check if you are feeling safe at the moment? Have you made a plan to take your life at all? I know this is a very direct question but the more we know, the better we can support you. You also mentioned therapy and I am wondering if you have spoken to your therapist about how you feel?  If you prefer, we can talk about this in confidential support. Just let me know and I can send you a confidential support message so we can continue our conversation there. 

In case you need it, here is some safety information. If you feel like you are in crisis then please make sure you reach out to one of the following: 

• UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service)
  • USA - The Suicide and Crisis Lifeline - 988 (This is a free service that operates 24/7. You can call or text)  https://988lifeline.org/
  • A list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org - you can find the one for your country and call them if you are in crisis 
  • An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful
  • If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7
  • Remember, you can always call the emergency services or go to your local emergency department at the hospital for support

Please know that we are here for you. As you know, our wellbeing changes all the time and you will feel differently again.

Staff-Account.png

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, soph ie said:

Yes I would prefer the confidential support instead 

Of course, no problem at all. I have sent you a confidential support request. Just click on Confidential Support at the top of the page and you should be able to see my message. Any problems let me know. Take care and I hope to hear from you soon

Staff-Account.png