I think I just had an intense flashback

TinyDinos    

I’m kinda scared. I got super triggered earlier (about an hour ago) and I had a really weird reaction to it that’s never happened. I think it was a flashback? I’m not sure at all and it honestly scared me really bad. The only way I can think to describe it is as like, I was physically in my kitchen, where I was irl, but my mind and everything I could see was in those memories I have and I couldn’t do anything but let it play out until it was done, like I was stuck in the memories, one would play into another over and over, I went through like four memories this way because of the one trigger. I’m really scared because of it. Does anyone know what this is actually called or what I can do to help it? Or even anyone who’s had the same experience? I’m really worried because of this. 

i described my feelings leading up to this in a post under my blog topic but it needs approval.

please help

• Sad 1

That does sound a little scary , no I haven't experienced that before

How are you now?

2 minutes ago, catgal05 said:

That does sound a little scary , no I haven't experienced that before

How are you now?

Meh. I cried so I’m tired and I’m just working on school. A bit stressed but overall okay.

• Hug 1

16 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

I’m kinda scared. I got super triggered earlier (about an hour ago) and I had a really weird reaction to it that’s never happened. I think it was a flashback? I’m not sure at all and it honestly scared me really bad. The only way I can think to describe it is as like, I was physically in my kitchen, where I was irl, but my mind and everything I could see was in those memories I have and I couldn’t do anything but let it play out until it was done, like I was stuck in the memories, one would play into another over and over, I went through like four memories this way because of the one trigger. I’m really scared because of it. Does anyone know what this is actually called or what I can do to help it? Or even anyone who’s had the same experience? I’m really worried because of this. 

i described my feelings leading up to this in a post under my blog topic but it needs approval.

please help

I've experienced something very similar, I understand how terrifying it is and I really hope it doesn't happen again. I'm going to tag in the digital mentors ( @Digital Mentor) to help you out with this, though, because i have no good advice

• Thanks 1

• Digital Mentor
On 9/20/2023 at 12:25 AM, TinyDinos said:

please help

Hi @TinyDinos, thank you for reaching out. From what you're describing, it does sound like you had a flashback, which can happen when we've experienced trauma in the past. Flashbacks can be really distressing and I can imagine that this was a really scary experience for you. I can see that you are already talking to Duckie about this in your blog post but I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing today? 

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Aurora said:

Hi @TinyDinos, thank you for reaching out. From what you're describing, it does sound like you had a flashback, which can happen when we've experienced trauma in the past. Flashbacks can be really distressing and I can imagine that this was a really scary experience for you. I can see that you are already talking to Duckie about this in your blog post but I just wanted to check in with you and see how you are doing today? 

I’m okay, just a bit stressed over school. I had to work more this week because my mom had COVID. She’s better now but I missed quite a bit of school so I’m worried. I’m probably gonna shower and then start working so I might not be online much today

• Digital Mentor

I’m okay, just a bit stressed over school. I had to work more this week because my mom had COVID. She’s better now but I missed quite a bit of school so I’m worried. I’m probably gonna shower and then start working so I might not be online much today

No worries. I'm sorry to hear your mom having COVID impacted your school work. I can imagine being home schooled must make it more difficult to stick to your hours when something comes up. Is that right? Do you mind me asking what happened with those courses in the end that your teacher forgot to sign you up for? Did they manage to get you into the college classes in the end? I really hope it all got sorted. 

Staff-Account.png

6 hours ago, Aurora said:

No worries. I'm sorry to hear your mom having COVID impacted your school work. I can imagine being home schooled must make it more difficult to stick to your hours when something comes up. Is that right? Do you mind me asking what happened with those courses in the end that your teacher forgot to sign you up for? Did they manage to get you into the college classes in the end? I really hope it all got sorted. 

It’s alright. I’m just glad that she’s okay now <3
its definitely a bit harder while homeschooled but it also offers more flexibility for getting work done. We did get into those classes and I’m doing great! A’s in both as of right now :)

• Digital Mentor
On 9/22/2023 at 3:01 PM, TinyDinos said:

It’s alright. I’m just glad that she’s okay now <3
its definitely a bit harder while homeschooled but it also offers more flexibility for getting work done. We did get into those classes and I’m doing great! A’s in both as of right now :)

That's great news - I'm so happy to hear that. And you are doing brilliantly!!

I know you've been struggling with a few other things at the moment so you might find it helpful to remind yourself of how well you are doing with in your classes. From what you've been telling us, I get the impression that you have loads of things to juggle and lots of different responsibilities at home. And yet you still manage to find the time to focus on your school work. It sounds like all your hard work is paying off, which is great. Definitely something to be proud of, what do you think? 

Staff-Account.png

Thanks. I’ve been raised with the mindset that school is the most important thing, and everything else comes after. Since I’m so close to the finish line I’m trying to go out with a bang! :)

• Digital Mentor

Thanks. I’ve been raised with the mindset that school is the most important thing, and everything else comes after. Since I’m so close to the finish line I’m trying to go out with a bang! :)

I admire your determination 😃!!

I saw that you mentioned on your other post that the school seems to have dropped one of your courses. You haven't had much luck this academic year with admin stuff, have you?! It very sounds like this must be an error on their part. I am sorry it's causing you so much hassle. I really hope you get it sorted soon! 

Staff-Account.png

8 hours ago, Aurora said:

I admire your determination 😃!!

I saw that you mentioned on your other post that the school seems to have dropped one of your courses. You haven't had much luck this academic year with admin stuff, have you?! It very sounds like this must be an error on their part. I am sorry it's causing you so much hassle. I really hope you get it sorted soon! 

No I haven’t 😭 

my mom says this is just what college is like, but I know I’m being treated differently because I’ve been told so directly. Because I’m still a high school student I’m not priority over everyone else, and that makes it difficult to get help. It’s okay though, I’ll keep fighting if it means getting into the course eventually. Maybe they’ll get annoyed with me repeatedly emailing them about it to the point where they just fix it and let me do my work lmao

• Digital Mentor
On 9/26/2023 at 5:29 PM, TinyDinos said:

No I haven’t 😭 

my mom says this is just what college is like, but I know I’m being treated differently because I’ve been told so directly. Because I’m still a high school student I’m not priority over everyone else, and that makes it difficult to get help. It’s okay though, I’ll keep fighting if it means getting into the course eventually. Maybe they’ll get annoyed with me repeatedly emailing them about it to the point where they just fix it and let me do my work lmao

I can see from your other post that this has been sorted now and you're back in your class 😃. That's really great news !! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you handled the situation really well, even though your teacher wasn't treating you with the same kind of respect you were giving her. Hopefully once she has had some time to reflect on this she'll realise that she should have handled the situation differently.

I know that you're already talking to Duckie about school and your mom so I just wanted to check and see if there is anything else I can help you with or if you're good for now? 

Staff-Account.png

On 9/28/2023 at 3:16 AM, Aurora said:

I can see from your other post that this has been sorted now and you're back in your class 😃. That's really great news !! I'm so happy for you. It sounds like you handled the situation really well, even though your teacher wasn't treating you with the same kind of respect you were giving her. Hopefully once she has had some time to reflect on this she'll realise that she should have handled the situation differently.

I know that you're already talking to Duckie about school and your mom so I just wanted to check and see if there is anything else I can help you with or if you're good for now? 

Yep! Back in business haha. I hope she reflects a bit but I’m not ridiculously hopeful. thanks so much for the ongoing support though! It’s always so nice to hear from you <3

Yes I am, so I think I’m good for now 🙂

• Digital Mentor
On 9/29/2023 at 3:53 PM, TinyDinos said:

Yep! Back in business haha. I hope she reflects a bit but I’m not ridiculously hopeful. thanks so much for the ongoing support though! It’s always so nice to hear from you <3

Yes I am, so I think I’m good for now 🙂

You're very welcome ❤️ and if you need anything in the future, you know where to find me 🙂

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png