Fun question πŸŽ„πŸ‘»

Megs- Β  Β 

Spooky πŸ‘» & festive question πŸŽ„   

9 members have voted

1. 1. Christmas or Halloween?

• Christmas
    • Halloween
    • Can’t choose

Thought I’d post this as I’m very interested! I think I prefer Christmas because, of all the lights and hot chocolate, advent calendar’s, snow! ( unlikely but yk ), presents and spending time with loved ones πŸŽ„β€οΈ!

what do you prefer? Would love to hear your opinions πŸ™‚

23 hours ago, Megs- said:

Thought I’d post this as I’m very interested! I think I prefer Christmas because, of all the lights and hot chocolate, advent calendar’s, snow! ( unlikely but yk ), presents and spending time with loved ones πŸŽ„β€οΈ!

Halloween! I like all the costumes and decorations, I like the interaction with neighbors if you're trick or treating or interacting with the neighborhood kids if you're giving out candy, and more locally, I like seeing neighbors sitting around a fire pit, I like the week before Halloween where everyone is hoping it doesn't snow but it snows anyway, all the last minute costume changes to account for the cold weather, eating candy while trick-or-treating to stay warm, getting annoyed that so many people are handing out chips, and watching people trip over the tethers that keep the blow-up decorations on the ground

• Like 1
  • Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor
On 9/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, Megs- said:

OOooh, this is a really good question!

I love both Christmas and Halloween, so I am picking Christmas mainly because it lasts longer (and more delicious food). It is more intense, though. Especially since I always end up celebrating Christmas three days on a trot due to cultural differences and split families xD Love horror movies and love taking my daughter for trick or treat in the neighbourhood. It's a hard one!

What do you like about Halloween, @Megs-?

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

6 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I love both Christmas and Halloween, so I am picking Christmas mainly because it lasts longer (and more delicious food). It is more intense, though. Especially since I always end up celebrating Christmas three days on a trot due to cultural differences and split families xD Love horror movies and love taking my daughter for trick or treat in the neighbourhood. It's a hard one!

( think you tagged wrong person, I prefer Christmas 🀢)πŸ˜†πŸ™‚

7 minutes ago, Duckie said:

I love Christmas it’s sooo good 😊! D you like mince pies?

4 hours ago, Emberfrost12 said:

Halloween! I like all the costumes and decorations, I like the interaction with neighbors if you're trick or treating or interacting with the neighborhood kids if you're giving out candy, and more locally, I like seeing neighbors sitting around a fire pit, I like the week before Halloween where everyone is hoping it doesn't snow but it snows anyway, all the last minute costume changes to account for the cold weather, eating candy while trick-or-treating to stay warm, getting annoyed that so many people are handing out chips, and watching people trip over the tethers that keep the blow-up decorations on the ground

ooh nice πŸ™‚

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Megs- said:

I love Christmas it’s sooo good 😊! D you like mince pies?

ooh nice πŸ™‚

I am not keen on mince pies, but my husband LOVES them. I think he pretty much eats one packet a day throughout December xD He got offended to see they are already in stores! Swedes aren't big on mixing fruits in pastries (like Hot Cross Buns or mince pies), so I am not a fan :) I make really good food and traditional pastries, though!

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

I am not keen on mince pies, but my husband LOVES them. I think he pretty much eats one packet a day throughout December xD He got offended to see they are already in stores! Swedes aren't big on mixing fruits in pastries (like Hot Cross Buns or mince pies), so I am not a fan :) I make really good food and traditional pastries, though!

Ooh! I hate hot cross buns haha πŸ˜†! I really have missed you Duckie ❀️

• Digital Mentor
1 minute ago, Megs- said:

Ooh! I hate hot cross buns haha πŸ˜†! I really have missed you Duckie ❀️

That is so sweet of you to say. I have missed you too 🀩

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Duckie said:

That is so sweet of you to say. I have missed you too 🀩

Missed my fav Duckie 🐀πŸ₯( get the joke haha πŸ˜†)

1 minute ago, Duckie said:

france film GIF by Nebraska Humane Society

ducks GIF

Just now, Duckie said:

Did you try the Sneaky Sasquatch game? :)

Ooh no I forgot haha πŸ˜†! Stupid me lol πŸ˜‚Β 

• Digital Mentor
On 9/17/2023 at 4:17 PM, Megs- said:

The Pumpkin Dance Dancing GIF by Halloween

• Haha 1

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Luie said:

The Pumpkin Dance Dancing GIF by Halloween

Halloween? Haha πŸ˜†!! Alsooooo @LuieΒ beennnn meaning to ask you this for agessss but what’s your favourite animal? So I can colour your favourite animal’s and post them here for you! ( you can check out the thread I made where I post other staff/community members fav animals πŸ™‚)

• Digital Mentor

Decorate Christmas Tree GIF

It has to be Christmas for me!! I grew up in Germany and I have to say Germany (or at least Bavaria where I am from) really does Christmas very well. We have lovely Christmas markets, beautiful home made Christmas decorations and some (like my family) use actual beeswax candles on our Christmas tree. I know - bit of a fire hazard - but the smell and the atmosphere is amazing. One of my favourite traditions ever are the Christmas cookies. Everyone makes loads of cookies around Christmas time. They are called PlΓ€tzchen. The recipe is often handed down from generation to generation (when I bake them I still use my great grandmother's recipes) and they are full of christmasy spices. Every time you visit someone you take a little bag of your cookies with you and give it to the other person as a gift. So you end up with all these different cookies from your friends, neighbours etc. Yummy!!Β 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

35 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Decorate Christmas Tree GIF

It has to be Christmas for me!! I grew up in Germany and I have to say Germany (or at least Bavaria where I am from) really does Christmas very well. We have lovely Christmas markets, beautiful home made Christmas decorations and some (like my family) use actual beeswax candles on our Christmas tree. I know - bit of a fire hazard - but the smell and the atmosphere is amazing. One of my favourite traditions ever are the Christmas cookies. Everyone makes loads of cookies around Christmas time. They are called PlΓ€tzchen. The recipe is often handed down from generation to generation (when I bake them I still use my great grandmother's recipes) and they are full of christmasy spices. Every time you visit someone you take a little bag of your cookies with you and give it to the other person as a gift. So you end up with all these different cookies from your friends, neighbours etc. Yummy!!Β 

YayyyyyyyΒ 

• Like 1

I have to say have to say Halloween,Β  at the momentΒ 

Just now, catgal05 said:

I have to say have to say Halloween,Β  at the momentΒ 

Ooh nice ☺️

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Duckie said:

I’m not sure I’ve ever gad mince meat pies

Just now, Megs- said:

You need to try them!!

They aren’t exactly easy to find…

Just now, Emberfrost12 said:

They aren’t exactly easy to find…

Ok..

The next few holidays for me:

Β thanksgiving

Β Halloween

Β the other thanksgiving

Β Christmas