Are there any Star Wars nerds out there?

Olivia05 Β  Β 

My boyfriend is making me watch the Star Wars movies on Friday and idk what to do. Is there any info I should know before hand?

• Digital Mentor
On 9/11/2023 at 12:03 AM, Olivia05 said:

My boyfriend is making me watch the Star Wars movies on Friday and idk what to do. Is there any info I should know before hand?

I'm not a star wars nerd but I was also 'forced' to watch themΒ πŸ™ƒΒ and actually really enjoyed them. Having said that I have only seen the original trilogy and none of the later ones. One thing I would say is to remember that the first one came out in 1977 so the special effects are nothing like we are used to and for me personally that made the film a bit funny (even though I don't think it's meant to be). Also, be prepared for there to be lots of strange stuff happening and not all makes sense at first (at least it didn't for me). Hope you have lots of fun!!

Staff-Account.png

30 minutes ago, Aurora said:

I'm not a star wars nerd but I was also 'forced' to watch themΒ πŸ™ƒΒ and actually really enjoyed them. Having said that I have only seen the original trilogy and none of the later ones. One thing I would say is to remember that the first one came out in 1977 so the special effects are nothing like we are used to and for me personally that made the film a bit funny (even though I don't think it's meant to be). Also, be prepared for there to be lots of strange stuff happening and not all makes sense at first (at least it didn't for me). Hope you have lots of fun!!

Oh well I’ve watched clips and whatnot with my cousin and brother bc they have tried to make me watch them before but I just got super bored and left…but I’ll try and sit through one whole movie just for my boyfriend to make him happy lol…honestly I think I’d anything to see a smile on that boy’s face…

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

Oh well I’ve watched clips and whatnot with my cousin and brother bc they have tried to make me watch them before but I just got super bored and left…but I’ll try and sit through one whole movie just for my boyfriend to make him happy lol…honestly I think I’d anything to see a smile on that boy’s face…

Lol, I would imagine sitting next to your boyfriend will make the film interesting. You can always look at him instead if you get boredΒ Β πŸ˜‚

Are you going to make him watch your favourite movieΒ πŸ˜ƒ??

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Lol, I would imagine sitting next to your boyfriend will make the film interesting. You can always look at him instead if you get boredΒ Β πŸ˜‚

Are you going to make him watch your favourite movieΒ πŸ˜ƒ??

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing…and also I might just fall asleep laying on him tbh if I get bored…also I’m meeting his entire family on Friday so there’s that as well…

• Digital Mentor
7 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

Yeah that’s what I plan on doing…and also I might just fall asleep laying on him tbh if I get bored…also I’m meeting his entire family on Friday so there’s that as well…

Yes, falling asleep on him sounds like the perfect plan. Oh wow, you get to meet his whole family on Friday. It sounds like he really likes you. I'm sure they will love you!! How do you feel about it?Β 

Staff-Account.png

2 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Yes, falling asleep on him sounds like the perfect plan. Oh wow, you get to meet his whole family on Friday. It sounds like he really likes you. I'm sure they will love you!! How do you feel about it?Β 

Nervous, scared, all of the above…idk tbh I’m scared and nervous and whatnot but I’m also super excited to meet them as well…if that makes sense?

• Digital Mentor
11 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

Nervous, scared, all of the above…idk tbh I’m scared and nervous and whatnot but I’m also super excited to meet them as well…if that makes sense?

Of course. It's only natural to feel nervous. Especially if you really like him. Is he close with his family.

'm glad to hear you are also feeling excited. It'll be really nice to meet them all and find out a bit more about your bf. Have you met any of them yet?Β 

Staff-Account.png

13 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Of course. It's only natural to feel nervous. Especially if you really like him. Is he close with his family.

'm glad to hear you are also feeling excited. It'll be really nice to meet them all and find out a bit more about your bf. Have you met any of them yet?Β 

Well I’ve already met some of his siblings in passing but not really any of them I’ve like sat down and had a conversation with…

• Digital Mentor
8 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

Well I’ve already met some of his siblings in passing but not really any of them I’ve like sat down and had a conversation with…

That's good that you've met them in passing. Did they seem nice? I have to log off now but I'll be back in Thursday

Staff-Account.png

55 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's good that you've met them in passing. Did they seem nice? I have to log off now but I'll be back in Thursday

Yeah they did seem nice and super excited to finally see me…

• Digital Mentor
On 9/12/2023 at 1:03 PM, Olivia05 said:

Yeah they did seem nice and super excited to finally see me…

That's really good. I would imagine that you'll probably feel more comfortable talking to them initially as you've already met them in passing. Hopefully that will make it much easier for you. Does your boyfriend know that you're nervous about meeting his family? And has he met your family yet? If so, how did that go?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

That's really good. I would imagine that you'll probably feel more comfortable talking to them initially as you've already met them in passing. Hopefully that will make it much easier for you. Does your boyfriend know that you're nervous about meeting his family? And has he met your family yet? If so, how did that go?Β 

It probably won’t make it easier but we’ll just see how it goes tomorrow I guess…my boyfriend does know I’m nervous because he’s also nervous for me to come over and also he’s meeting my mom after the football game because she’s driving us back home afterwards…

• Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, Olivia05 said:

It probably won’t make it easier but we’ll just see how it goes tomorrow I guess…my boyfriend does know I’m nervous because he’s also nervous for me to come over and also he’s meeting my mom after the football game because she’s driving us back home afterwards…

Sounds like a big day today. It's great that your boyfriends knows that you're nervous. Maybe you can talk to him before you go and let him know what you'd find helpful eg that he stays close by or that he keeps coming to check on you or anything else you would find helpful while you're at his. What do you think?Β 

I hope it goes really, really well today. You strike me as someone who is really easy to talk to and get along with and I'm sure they will love you!!

Staff-Account.png

7 minutes ago, Aurora said:

Sounds like a big day today. It's great that your boyfriends knows that you're nervous. Maybe you can talk to him before you go and let him know what you'd find helpful eg that he stays close by or that he keeps coming to check on you or anything else you would find helpful while you're at his. What do you think?Β 

I hope it goes really, really well today. You strike me as someone who is really easy to talk to and get along with and I'm sure they will love you!!

He’s super nervous today as well bc he’s meeting my mom after our plans and we just both try and calm each others nerves down even if we’re super nervous too…also I’m pretty sure he will stay close or keep on asking me how I’m doing or wtv bc that’s just the way he is…

I hope it goes well today too. Thank you so much and I will fill you in once I get back home. Thank you so much for helping me through this.

• Digital Mentor
13 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

He’s super nervous today as well bc he’s meeting my mom after our plans and we just both try and calm each others nerves down even if we’re super nervous too…also I’m pretty sure he will stay close or keep on asking me how I’m doing or wtv bc that’s just the way he is…

I hope it goes well today too. Thank you so much and I will fill you in once I get back home. Thank you so much for helping me through this.

You're very welcome. We're always here for youΒ πŸ™‚

I'm sure it will go really well today. It sounds you'll both be there for each other and you'll probably feel so much better once you've met them.Β 

If you feel up to it then I would love to hear how it went. No pressure though. Hope you enjoy the star wars film (or falling asleep on your boyfriend 🀭)!!

Staff-Account.png

21 minutes ago, Aurora said:

You're very welcome. We're always here for youΒ πŸ™‚

I'm sure it will go really well today. It sounds you'll both be there for each other and you'll probably feel so much better once you've met them.Β 

If you feel up to it then I would love to hear how it went. No pressure though. Hope you enjoy the star wars film (or falling asleep on your boyfriend 🀭)!!

I hope it does.

I will definitely fill you in.Β 
Lol I probably will fall asleep on him or just sit there and be awkward bc it’s the first time going over to his house.

• Digital Mentor
12 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

I hope it does.

I will definitely fill you in.Β 
Lol I probably will fall asleep on him or just sit there and be awkward bc it’s the first time going over to his house.

Hopefully you'll feel comfortable enough to sleep 😁

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Hopefully you'll feel comfortable enough to sleep 😁

Hopefully lol

@AuroraΒ 

AHHHH!!! IT ACTUALLY WENT SUPER WELL!!! He was kinda awkward meeting my mom tho but that’s just because he was nervous but once I met all of them I was still super nervous and everything but it went pretty smoothly tho…and he said that once he got in the car and like went home after the football game his mom said that I was very gorgeous and I seemed very nice and she’s really happy that he met me…so there’s that…

also we didn’t end up watching Star Wars but one of the spider man movies instead but like ten minutes of it…and at the game we were just laying in the grass and if it was more peaceful and not so many ppl I could’ve fallen asleep laying on him tbh…but yeah that’s just a summary of what happened…

• Digital Mentor
On 9/16/2023 at 4:16 AM, Olivia05 said:

@AuroraΒ 

AHHHH!!! IT ACTUALLY WENT SUPER WELL!!! He was kinda awkward meeting my mom tho but that’s just because he was nervous but once I met all of them I was still super nervous and everything but it went pretty smoothly tho…and he said that once he got in the car and like went home after the football game his mom said that I was very gorgeous and I seemed very nice and she’s really happy that he met me…so there’s that…

also we didn’t end up watching Star Wars but one of the spider man movies instead but like ten minutes of it…and at the game we were just laying in the grass and if it was more peaceful and not so many ppl I could’ve fallen asleep laying on him tbh…but yeah that’s just a summary of what happened…

Yaaaaay!!!! That's really great - I'm so happy for you. I knew they would love youΒ 

Happy Dance GIF by randycano

And you even got to have a bit of quiet time during the game - I bet you really needed that as it was such a full on day.Β 

Haha funny that you didn't actually end up watching Star Wars - even though you're all prepared now lol. Does he still want to show you the film or do you think the moment has passed?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Yaaaaay!!!! That's really great - I'm so happy for you. I knew they would love youΒ 

Happy Dance GIF by randycano

And you even got to have a bit of quiet time during the game - I bet you really needed that as it was such a full on day.Β 

Haha funny that you didn't actually end up watching Star Wars - even though you're all prepared now lol. Does he still want to show you the film or do you think the moment has passed?Β 

Lol yeah…he keeps on going on and on abt how that was the first time he actually got to like just lay there and hold me and how ever since we were just laying in the grass his bed doesn’t feel the same anymore bc he wants more cuddles…

Β 

Yeah he is still planning on showing me eventually, probably when we’re hanging out for a longer time…it’s his fav movie so I’ll eventually watch with him lol

• Digital Mentor
7 minutes ago, Olivia05 said:

Lol yeah…he keeps on going on and on abt how that was the first time he actually got to like just lay there and hold me and how ever since we were just laying in the grass his bed doesn’t feel the same anymore bc he wants more cuddles…

Yeah he is still planning on showing me eventually, probably when we’re hanging out for a longer time…it’s his fav movie so I’ll eventually watch with him lol

Aww, that's really lovely that he enjoyed just lying there, holding you ❀️

Sounds like you might have to lol!! What's your favourite movie?Β 

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Aww, that's really lovely that he enjoyed just lying there, holding you ❀️

Sounds like you might have to lol!! What's your favourite movie?Β 

Lol yes I did…we started dating over the summer and couldn’t see each other at all and on the first day of school we both saw each other and ran to each other and hugged…

If I had to choose a fav…I’d probably say The Notebook…

• Digital Mentor
1 hour ago, Olivia05 said:

Lol yes I did…we started dating over the summer and couldn’t see each other at all and on the first day of school we both saw each other and ran to each other and hugged…

If I had to choose a fav…I’d probably say The Notebook…

Nice one πŸ˜ƒΒ - I love Ryan Gosling and I love all his films!! Have you told your boyfriend yet, that that's the movie he'll have to see if you watch Star WarsΒ πŸ˜ƒ

Oh wow, your reunion after the summer sounds a bit like a scene from a film!!

Staff-Account.png