This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

How do I deal with panic attacks?

R A I N    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Mental Illness

Click this notice to reveal the content.
9 hours ago, Aurora said:

Do you usually feel one coming on? If you do then it might be a good idea to tell them then. As you said it might be difficult to do it whilst you are in the middle of one. What do you think? Maybe you could say something like "I'm sorry, I'm just going to need a couple of minutes to myself. This happens sometimes. Just give me a few minutes and I'll be fine." Do you think that could work? 

How do you feel about everything now? 

Well, sometimes. Like when my heartbeat feels weird I usually get the sense that I might get a panic attack. I think that maybe it could work but I feel like the person may be concerned. I know it might sound like I'm overthinking it but it's worrying just thinking about it. I mean, I feel a little more prepared.

• Digital Mentor

On 9/22/2023 at 6:42 PM, R A I N said:

Well, sometimes. Like when my heartbeat feels weird I usually get the sense that I might get a panic attack. I think that maybe it could work but I feel like the person may be concerned. I know it might sound like I'm overthinking it but it's worrying just thinking about it. I mean, I feel a little more prepared.

I'm glad to hear you feel a little more prepared. It can help to think things through beforehand and to practice the exercises and what might be a helpful thing to say. 

I get a sense that you often think about what others might think of you. Is that right? I'm wondering whether it might be helpful if we talked about that some more? 

Staff-Account.png

5 hours ago, Aurora said:

I'm glad to hear you feel a little more prepared. It can help to think things through beforehand and to practice the exercises and what might be a helpful thing to say. 

I get a sense that you often think about what others might think of you. Is that right? I'm wondering whether it might be helpful if we talked about that some more? 

Yes that's right. It probably would be helpful.

• Digital Mentor

15 hours ago, R A I N said:

Yes that's right. It probably would be helpful.

No problem 🙂. Would you like to tell me a bit more about what kind of things you're worried about others might think of you? Does it happen all the time or just in certain situations? I think most of us care about what others think of us and it's natural to want to be liked and accepted by others. However, if we spend too much time worrying about it, it can have an impact on our own wellbeing and it can hold us back - for example from trying out new things. Do you think it is having an impact on your wellbeing? 

I know it can be difficult to open up about these kinds of things so please let me know if you would prefer to talk about this on confidential support. Whatever you're most comfortable with. 

Staff-Account.png

On 9/26/2023 at 8:31 AM, Aurora said:

No problem 🙂. Would you like to tell me a bit more about what kind of things you're worried about others might think of you? Does it happen all the time or just in certain situations? I think most of us care about what others think of us and it's natural to want to be liked and accepted by others. However, if we spend too much time worrying about it, it can have an impact on our own wellbeing and it can hold us back - for example from trying out new things. Do you think it is having an impact on your wellbeing? 

I know it can be difficult to open up about these kinds of things so please let me know if you would prefer to talk about this on confidential support. Whatever you're most comfortable with. 

I'd prefer to talk on CS actually.

• Digital Mentor

14 hours ago, R A I N said:

I'd prefer to talk on CS actually.

No problem. I have sent you a message

Staff-Account.png