This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Positive achievement!

Megs-    

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I just wanted to post this for my own benefit, I have never felt so proud of myself. It’s been a tricky few months, but I am 2 months free from self harm! I’m honestly, I can’t put it into words.. so so proud that even though I sort self harm as a coping mechanism, I have learnt new positive techniques to manage my hard times. 

I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me, and continues to support me. It means a lot, I’m grateful for every single one of you! I’m going to be supporting you all the best i can, much love to you all ❤️

• Yaaas 1

• Digital Mentor

On 8/29/2023 at 5:05 PM, Megs- said:

I just wanted to post this for my own benefit, I have never felt so proud of myself. It’s been a tricky few months, but I am 2 months free from self harm! I’m honestly, I can’t put it into words.. so so proud that even though I sort self harm as a coping mechanism, I have learnt new positive techniques to manage my hard times. 

I wanted to thank everyone who has supported me, and continues to support me. It means a lot, I’m grateful for every single one of you! I’m going to be supporting you all the best i can, much love to you all ❤️

What a fantastic achievement - I'm really proud of you 🙂. Thank you for sharing that with us. 

As you might know self harm is often a coping skill and it sounds like you have found other coping skills that are working for you, when you are feeling overwhelmed. If you feel comfortable to, would you like to share some of the coping skills that you are using instead. It might be helpful for others to read who are also looking for alternative coping skills. Please don't feel you have to though- only if you feel comfortable to. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

What a fantastic achievement - I'm really proud of you 🙂. Thank you for sharing that with us. 

As you might know self harm is often a coping skill and it sounds like you have found other coping skills that are working for you, when you are feeling overwhelmed. If you feel comfortable to, would you like to share some of the coping skills that you are using instead. It might be helpful for others to read who are also looking for alternative coping skills. Please don't feel you have to though- only if you feel comfortable to. 

I can try and make a list of coping skills I feel work for me, others probably have tried or found it doesn’t work, but I can try? Sounds like a good idea 🙂! In the next couple of days, I’ll work on a list 🙂

I’m almost 2 months and 1 week free 🥺🙂

• Digital Mentor

15 hours ago, Megs- said:

I’m almost 2 months and 1 week free 🥺🙂

That's brilliant 😃. I know that you've had a lot to deal with during that time. From what you've been telling us it sounds like you've found new ways to manage those tough times. That's so good to hear. 

Staff-Account.png

1 hour ago, Aurora said:

That's brilliant 😃. I know that you've had a lot to deal with during that time. From what you've been telling us it sounds like you've found new ways to manage those tough times. That's so good to hear. 

Definitely, I’m trying my best to not ruin how far I’ve come, just taking it hour by hour at the moment 🙂