How do you tell your parents that your scared of growing up?

BubbleGumm1    

Duckie
This post was recognized by Duckie!

"This is so lovely of you"

Megs- was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 5 points.

Heyy @BubbleGumm1

First off let’s start with some deep breaths, Okay? Breathe in and out a couple a times slowly and just try to calm yourself. I know it’s cliché but it does help. Listen to some calming music. Listen or do something that helps you cope. That helps you feel better and just take a second, okay?

Okay. Listen…. I am not fully sure what your situation is and what you are going through right now but let me reassure you some things.

1.) Its okay to not be okay and to be scared of the future. I totally get that. You are not alone in that feeling.

2.) Your feelings are valid.

3.) You are not alone. I know it might feel like and your brain will try to convince you that you are but I promise you, you are not.

And 4.) Things will get better.

Yes I know I know. Everyone says that all the time and it sounds like a broken record but I can’t stress to you enough how important it is and how true it is. No its not going to be immediate and no I can’t promise you that one day its just going to be gone and never come back but, it will.

I know I am just a stranger but please trust  me when I say it does. It just takes some time and some holding on.

I struggle with these feelings myself too. Its hard and scary. The unknown can be scary. I’m not going to lie to you and say that its easy and that suddenly everything is like a movie and it gets better but as time flies you get used to certain things and you learn a lot about yourself and your position in the world.

Yes, the bills and other things can be hard, but there is also some beauty and hope that lies within this dark and corrupted world. You just got to find it but its there and its so worth the search.

I like to think that life is about discovering yourself and who you are and contributing to something bigger then yourself along with making connections with people and sharing these experiences as we continue along.

It’s going to be hard at first because everything is new and its like you have started a new again but there is also a mini sense of freedom you get. A chance to continue on and a chance to be who you want to be and discover the things that make you happy.

I know that that time may not be right now and might take a while to get here, but when it does it feels amazing. But you’ll never see that or get that chance if you give up now.

Please don’t give up on yourself now.

Your life matters and it deserves a chance to find happiness and find its place in the world.

You can do it.

I know you can.

Just take a deep breath, take small steps at a time, and as one of my favorite youtubers says “Have the Courage to Exist.” - Daniel Howell

In the meantime though, this is a good chance to find some things that keep you grounded and some things that help staying easier. Like a favorite youtuber, a show, a movie, an artist or something that genuinely makes you feel happy and provides a safe space for you. : ) Find a community or something that you are passionate about and that makes you happy and just keep doing that to help you when things get hard.

If you are in a situation where you can’t do any of those things though, just at least keep in mind that one day you will be able to make it through this.

I’m not going to say that it is going to be perfect and that you will never have problems but in the world we live in, its always important to just be prepared just in case and to just keep having the courage to continue.

You are brave and strong and I can tell that because you shared this with us.

People are extremely strong when they have the strength to ask for help and express their feelings or concerns and in that instance I am so thankful that you at least expressed them.

But just know that it does get better.

“Time Changes Everything” - Daniel Howell stay safe and always always reach out to us when ever you have any questions, or need support! We’re here for you ❤️

@Digital Mentor are here for you too, along with the community, massive hugs!

Edited by Megs-
Spelling mistake 😅
  • Yaaas 1

( I did reply with a hugeeee message but it needs approval )

On 8/25/2023 at 2:06 PM, BubbleGumm1 said:

I told them i'm scared to grow up but they just don't understand i need help with this- 

You can always come and talk to me, liz or ollie. 

I think a lot of us feel the same, I know i do, Plus with what we want to do too with our life. is that a part of it?

no I know exactly what to do with my life and how its just my life now but I'm just not ready to go out and live life you know?  like doing things alone?                                           

11 hours ago, BubbleGumm1 said:

no I know exactly what to do with my life and how its just my life now but I'm just not ready to go out and live life you know?  like doing things alone?                                           

Hi there, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors.  Being scared to do things alone as an adult is a common feeling, and I want to reassure you that even many adults often don't feel "adult" enough. What are the specific things you are worried about doing?  And would explaining those things to your parents too help them understand more?

Staff-Account.png

13 hours ago, BubbleGumm1 said:

yeah, i understand but also remember that your not alone you have all of us!

23 hours ago, Catsup said:

Hi there, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors.  Being scared to do things alone as an adult is a common feeling, and I want to reassure you that even many adults often don't feel "adult" enough. What are the specific things you are worried about doing?  And would explaining those things to your parents too help them understand more?

i tried but they just tell me about the thing that their doing before i grow up and they just don't understand-

21 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

yeah, i understand but also remember that your not alone you have all of us!

thanks- :3

5 minutes ago, BubbleGumm1 said:

i tried but they just tell me about the thing that their doing before i grow up and they just don't understand-

That's hard when your parents don't seem to understand.  At the same time, it seems like a lot of people your age might be able to relate.  Do you feel like friends might understand, and how is your situation with having some friends to talk with?  It sounds like this really resonates here with people on the community, and it is very much understandable how you're feeling!

Staff-Account.png

3 minutes ago, Catsup said:

That's hard when your parents don't seem to understand.  At the same time, it seems like a lot of people your age might be able to relate.  Do you feel like friends might understand, and how is your situation with having some friends to talk with?  It sounds like this really resonates here with people on the community, and it is very much understandable how you're feeling!

many people relate to me- I know that for sure

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BubbleGumm1 said:

many people relate to me- I know that for sure

That's good, and if you would like any more support here about this, definitely feel free to reply and let me know. :)

Staff-Account.png

2 hours ago, Catsup said:

That's good, and if you would like any more support here about this, definitely feel free to reply and let me know. :)

got it-