Anyone know of anything that could help me

-Aussie- Β  Β 

Hello, So I think I have ADD. A lot of people though I did too. Even my thearpist says I may have ADD. I have done a few online test (docter approved) and they all came out and said i have ADD. I also have symptoms, But does anyone have anything that could help me with staying focused. My parents say i don't have it but i could because my dad has ADHD.Β 

• Digital Mentor
On 8/25/2023 at 4:22 PM, -Aussie- said:

Hello, So I think I have ADD. A lot of people though I did too. Even my thearpist says I may have ADD. I have done a few online test (docter approved) and they all came out and said i have ADD. I also have symptoms, But does anyone have anything that could help me with staying focused. My parents say i don't have it but i could because my dad has ADHD.Β 

Hi there, thank you for reaching out. That's really interesting that your dad has ADHD but that your parents don't think that you have it. Why do you think that is?Β 

You were asking about anything that could help you staying focused. Can I ask, do you mean at school or at home or both? There are quite a few strategies that can help with this, especially in the classroom (eg allowing you breaks or time to stretch and move around, thinking about where the best spot for you to sit is that has the fewest distractions or giving you tools to help you organise your work etc). However, you would need the support from your school and teachers with this. Have you spoken to anyone about having an ADHD assessment done? How would your parents feel about this and do you know if you would need their consent to have an assessment done? If your parents aren't supportive of this, is there anyone in the school you can talk to? I hope you don't mind me asking so many questions around getting an ADHD assessment. I would imagine that an assessment can help you get the right support from your school around staying focused (even if it's something else that is stopping you from staying focussed). What do you think?Β 

Staff-Account.png

I really don't know why they don't think i have it.Β 

Both i can never stay focused and i forget evey thing even just little task and i start on and i won't be done with that but i will start on a different on them i forget about the first one

I haven't talked to anyone about a assement being done.Β 

I don't know how my parents will fell about it but if they had to sign a paper my dad might but i don't think my mom will

There is not really anyone at school because i don't trust them

Β 

• Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, -Aussie- said:

I really don't know why they don't think i have it.Β 

Both i can never stay focused and i forget evey thing even just little task and i start on and i won't be done with that but i will start on a different on them i forget about the first one

I haven't talked to anyone about a assement being done.Β 

I don't know how my parents will fell about it but if they had to sign a paper my dad might but i don't think my mom will

There is not really anyone at school because i don't trust them

How would you feel about having an assessment done. Is that even something you would like to happen?Β 

Also, I'm wondering do you think this might be an opportunity to talk to your Dad about ADHD and how he has been managing it? How do you think he would react if you told him that you are struggling to stay focused and that you keep forgetting even small tasks and if that's something he's been experiencing, too? Maybe you could ask him if he has any advice for you? I'm wondering whether he might want to talk to you about it. What do you think?Β Β 

Staff-Account.png