This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating, Hate, Suicide

I feel to weird about how I look (facial dysphoria/body dysphoria)

JaxTheMasc Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Disordered Eating

Click this notice to reveal the content.
1 hour ago, JaxTheMasc said:

Thank you, I feel ok right now it just kind of makes me sad when this happens, a girl named Liz and a guy named Kaiden... Yes, my school friends but that's it really...

Hi there, I am Catsup, a support mentor here and I wanted to jump in and ask if you feel you could talk to anyone trusted about your situation at home, whether it's your dad or someone outside the household?Β  You definitely deserve to feel respected in your home.Β  I'm sorry to hear your school friends are bullying you too.Β  Is that something you want to talk more about here?

If you feel you still struggle around your eating too, we are happy help you through some of that too.Β  It sounds like you are going through a lot, but know that things can and do get better.Β  You can always reach out on Confidential Support too if you prefer.Β  We're here for you!

Staff-Account.png

3 hours ago, JaxTheMasc said:

Yeah, he said he'll try

thats good!

• 1 month later...

Can anyone help? I have a bad relationship with food, I’m diagnosed with depression and anxiety which I am medicated for. My anxiety comes from being severely bullied as a child and adult due to my looks. This has had massive impacts on my self esteem. I really hate looking at myself in the mirror, or trying clothes on for fear they won’t fit. I worry over sizes (I hate it if they are too big or small). I find I have people commenting on my weight, saying it’s disgusting. Family are very pushy too, they comment lots on my appetite, asking me if I’ve ate today etc if I have counted calories. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone experienced the same, if so any indication as to what it is?? Thankyou for reading x

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, FrodoFitz said:

Can anyone help? I have a bad relationship with food, I’m diagnosed with depression and anxiety which I am medicated for. My anxiety comes from being severely bullied as a child and adult due to my looks. This has had massive impacts on my self esteem. I really hate looking at myself in the mirror, or trying clothes on for fear they won’t fit. I worry over sizes (I hate it if they are too big or small). I find I have people commenting on my weight, saying it’s disgusting. Family are very pushy too, they comment lots on my appetite, asking me if I’ve ate today etc if I have counted calories. Does this sound familiar to anyone? Has anyone experienced the same, if so any indication as to what it is?? Thankyou for reading x

Thanks for reaching out and letting us know what's been going on for you. I'm sorry to hear that you have a bad relationship with food. It sounds to me like the people around you are putting extra pressure on you regarding your weight, rather than being supportive. I can imagine that people commenting on your weight must be difficult for you to hear and I am sorry you are are going through this. You mentioned that you are diagnosed with depression and anxiety. I'm wondering have you ever spoken to your doctor about your relationship with food? They might be able to get you some support around this. What do you think?Β 

Also, can I ask, what do you think a health relationship with food looks like? And how does that compare to your relationship with food? If you would prefer to talk about this confidentially let me know and I can send you a confidential support request instead.Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/26/2023 at 5:30 PM, -Aussie- said:

@JaxTheMasc

Hey, how is it going for you?

How are you feeling?

Hey, sorry I just got back on, I had to delete the extension due to my family going through my phone, but I'm doing slightly better. I got a haircut and feel slightly better about myself... My grandma kicked me out with my dad but we are ok... Thank you for trying to check on me even if you aren't active anymore...

7 hours ago, JaxTheMasc said:

Hey, sorry I just got back on, I had to delete the extension due to my family going through my phone, but I'm doing slightly better. I got a haircut and feel slightly better about myself... My grandma kicked me out with my dad but we are ok... Thank you for trying to check on me even if you aren't active anymore...

Hey, Thats good that you are feeling better. Sorry about your grandma at least you and your dad are doing good. Your welcome for cheaking on you i just wanted to know how things are for you. Bye!