This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma

Struggling

lesboMar ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.

ย 

(TW: EMOTIONAL ABUSE, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS & SH) Having trouble opening up to my friends about my mom.

Hi, this post is mainly to vent but any advice is really appreciated. I just got broken up with by my first ever lover, another girl my age, nearly three weeks ago. You might've seen my post about that titled: "My girlfriend might break up with me on Friday". As you do in a relationship, I opened up to my ex-girlfriend about many things. That includes my mom emotionally abusing me. It was a really frequent occurrence & I started to hurt myself because of it & had some thoughts of suicide (I haven't for awhile now). She's also homophobic & even expressed concern that I was dating my ex, when me & her were together. She & my father are like putting in no effort in finding a therapist for me. Last month, my mom was really nice to me. It might've been because I just got back from a music program trip & she missed me. That was great, because my Ex-girlfriend broke up with me that month & I couldn't deal with other shit. Today, my mom criticised me over my room being messy when I was in the process of cleaning it, but I had to stop because I had to do other chores. She went on to scold me about it. I hate being single now because I lost the girl who I could open up to about many things and I struggle with opening up to my closest friends about stuff like that for some reason. It might be because I don't want to ruin their perception of my mom, although they never met her, or for the ones that do know about it, I don't want them to feel like they're my therapists. Thanks for readingย 

TL;DR, I just got broken up with & I would mainly open up to my ex-girlfriend about my mom emotionally abusing me. Now that I don't have a girlfriend, I'm having trouble opening up to others I'm close with about the abuse.

ย 

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Heavy emotion, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Suicide, Trauma

Click this notice to reveal the content.
6 hours ago, lesboMar said:

(TW: EMOTIONAL ABUSE, SUICIDAL THOUGHTS & SH) Having trouble opening up to my friends about my mom.

Hi, this post is mainly to vent but any advice is really appreciated. I just got broken up with by my first ever lover, another girl my age, nearly three weeks ago. You might've seen my post about that titled: "My girlfriend might break up with me on Friday". As you do in a relationship, I opened up to my ex-girlfriend about many things. That includes my mom emotionally abusing me. It was a really frequent occurrence & I started to hurt myself because of it & had some thoughts of suicide (I haven't for awhile now). She's also homophobic & even expressed concern that I was dating my ex, when me & her were together. She & my father are like putting in no effort in finding a therapist for me. Last month, my mom was really nice to me. It might've been because I just got back from a music program trip & she missed me. That was great, because my Ex-girlfriend broke up with me that month & I couldn't deal with other shit. Today, my mom criticised me over my room being messy when I was in the process of cleaning it, but I had to stop because I had to do other chores. She went on to scold me about it. I hate being single now because I lost the girl who I could open up to about many things and I struggle with opening up to my closest friends about stuff like that for some reason. It might be because I don't want to ruin their perception of my mom, although they never met her, or for the ones that do know about it, I don't want them to feel like they're my therapists. Thanks for readingย 

TL;DR, I just got broken up with & I would mainly open up to my ex-girlfriend about my mom emotionally abusing me. Now that I don't have a girlfriend, I'm having trouble opening up to others I'm close with about the abuse.

Hi there, thank you so much for opening up about what's been going on for you. I know it can be difficult to talk about these kinds of things and I'm really glad you feel you could share this with us. I have sent you a message on confidential support so we can talk about it some more there. I hope that's OK. In case you haven't used confidential support, please click on the confidential support tab at the top of the page and you should be able to find my message there. We're here for you.ย ย 

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png