I am bullied because of my bag

Animallover299    

At my school I have a bag that says that a house is not a home without a Guinea pig . This is because I absolutely love my Guinea pigs so much. However this caused me a lot of bother at school . The bus was the worst . This one person said that he was going to blend my Guinea pigs up use their bones as pencils and sell them then give me the profits and say this is how much your Guinea pigs are actually worth. This upset me so much but i hoped this was the end of it but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Then I PE the other day I was just sat there doing nothing when 2 boys came over to me and wouldn’t shut up and kept on saying how they were going to come to my house because they new where I lived and skin my Guinea pigs and eat them. It then got worse and eventually everyone in my PE team was coming up to me and saying please can I eat your guinea pigs and I just blew and started crying 😢 so the PE teacher took me out to talk about it but I really want to talk to my head of year about but I don’t know how to tell her about it! And now everyone keeps making jokes about in lessons Thank you for reading this. X

• Hug 1

Hi.

I understand how much you love your little animals. And that’s awesome to see. I just wanted to say, thank you for explaining everything so well. You are allowed to wear or have anything that makes you happy. If you want to wear a bag with Guinea pigs on then you do that, haters will hate but try to not let them get to you even though it’s hard, you are an awesome person. Have you taken a look at DTL articles about bullying? Of course you can talk to the lovely mentors here at DTL. I’m always here if you need someone to talk to, keep being you don’t change for no-one. 
hugs. 
megs xx

• Hug 1

13 hours ago, Animallover299 said:

At my school I have a bag that says that a house is not a home without a Guinea pig . This is because I absolutely love my Guinea pigs so much. However this caused me a lot of bother at school . The bus was the worst . This one person said that he was going to blend my Guinea pigs up use their bones as pencils and sell them then give me the profits and say this is how much your Guinea pigs are actually worth. This upset me so much but i hoped this was the end of it but I couldn’t have been more wrong. Then I PE the other day I was just sat there doing nothing when 2 boys came over to me and wouldn’t shut up and kept on saying how they were going to come to my house because they new where I lived and skin my Guinea pigs and eat them. It then got worse and eventually everyone in my PE team was coming up to me and saying please can I eat your guinea pigs and I just blew and started crying 😢 so the PE teacher took me out to talk about it but I really want to talk to my head of year about but I don’t know how to tell her about it! And now everyone keeps making jokes about in lessons Thank you for reading this. X

Hey @Animallover299

I'm really sorry to hear how you are being treated by some of the other pupils at school. I know how much you love animals and this shows how kind and caring you are as a person, so I can understand why it is upsetting you so much. I can see that you PE teacher took you out, and I'm wondering, how did that go? I'm asking because I can see that you want to talk to your head of year as well, and I'm thinking, is that so they can do something? With the PE teacher, I'm thinking that they might be taking steps already to deal with it. But anyway, let me know!

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

My PE teacher talked to the 2 boys but I don’t know what happened . I want to talk to my head of year so that I guess I could have someone to talk to about it because I keep trying to keep it in and not tell anyone but it is making it worse . Thank you for your reply 

18 hours ago, Animallover299 said:

My PE teacher talked to the 2 boys but I don’t know what happened . I want to talk to my head of year so that I guess I could have someone to talk to about it because I keep trying to keep it in and not tell anyone but it is making it worse . Thank you for your reply 

Hey there,

Yeah, it definitely sounds like it's going to be really helpful to talk to your head of year then about what's happened. It's good to talk about your feelings when you are ready as this will help you to process what happened. I remember that you said you don't know how to tell her. Would you like us to help with that at all? We are more than happy to. 

Yes please could you help. Thank you

Edited by Animallover299

On 7/23/2023 at 6:49 PM, Animallover299 said:

Yes please could you help. Thank you

Hey there,

Yeah, I am more than happy to help :)

I'm wondering then, what is it exactly that you want to tell her? What is the most important thing you need to speak about? By this, I mean something like how you feel. 

7 hours ago, Animallover299 said:

I just want to tell her what’s been going so she is aware .

Hey there,

That sounds like a good idea. I'm wondering, the way you typed it here, could you just tell it to her like that, perhaps?