When you’re socially drained, but also afraid to be alone …

Kellymy    

Hey yall, when I don’t make plans to hang out with folks, in the past it has caused me to spiral into depressions on the weekends. Since then, I’ve intentionally tried to keep my calendar booked, but at this point, I just feel socially drained and migrainey. At the same time, I feel like I’m often on the verge of tears and just want someone to dig a little deeper and really see how much I’m struggling, when I’ve been cancelling on plans and saying, “sorry for being MIA, I’ve just been going thru a lot of mental health stuff recently and part of it causes me to isolate” :/

6 hours ago, Kellymy said:

Hey yall, when I don’t make plans to hang out with folks, in the past it has caused me to spiral into depressions on the weekends. Since then, I’ve intentionally tried to keep my calendar booked, but at this point, I just feel socially drained and migrainey. At the same time, I feel like I’m often on the verge of tears and just want someone to dig a little deeper and really see how much I’m struggling, when I’ve been cancelling on plans and saying, “sorry for being MIA, I’ve just been going thru a lot of mental health stuff recently and part of it causes me to isolate” :/

Hey, I'm sorry to hear you are struggling. It sounds like it can be difficult to go from hanging out a lot with people to isolating.  Do you think there is a nice middle ground somewhere?

Some people might be concerned about you too, and is there anyone you can talk to?  You might find a lot of people can relate to how you're feeling.

Staff-Account.png