Coming out to other people/parents

Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once    

Hey! I was wondering who has come out to their parents and how the experience was. I know it’s different for everyone—I just want to see what others’ experiences have been. I’m really struggling with deciding on whether to come out sooner or later as lesbian to my parents: I’m not sure if I should wait to gauge how they are with homosexuality (but if I bring it up too much, they might guess) or just go for it. Some days I feel ready to tell them, and other days I don’t. Is this normal? Do other people feel this way, too?

1 hour ago, Unsure-But-Sure-All-At-Once said:

Hey! I was wondering who has come out to their parents and how the experience was. I know it’s different for everyone—I just want to see what others’ experiences have been. I’m really struggling with deciding on whether to come out sooner or later as lesbian to my parents: I’m not sure if I should wait to gauge how they are with homosexuality (but if I bring it up too much, they might guess) or just go for it. Some days I feel ready to tell them, and other days I don’t. Is this normal? Do other people feel this way, too?

I came out to my parents recently as lesbian, and they were very accepting. Before I came out to them, I made a lot of lesbian related jokes. They sort of knew, I guess. My older brother was the first to know lol. Then my sister and younger brother. I told my mom while my dad was at work, and when he came home I told him. He basically replied with: "Color me shocked".  He knew I was queer lol. Ever since, they've supported me. Hey, I'm here for you if you need any advice. Don't be afraid to reach out and ask any questions!

• Like 1

Thanks so much. I'm also here if ever you need anything (even though I'm still figuring everything  out:) )

• Hug 1