Intrusive Thoughts

Im_fine_    

I just wanted to know if anyone else’s intrusive thoughts are getting the best of them. I’ve noticed I’ve been thinking about them longer than usual. Just wondering if anyone is feeling the same.

Hi there, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors here and I think a lot of us can relate to intrusive thoughts.  If you don't mind sharing, what are yours usually about?

And you mentioned you're just looking to see if other people are dealing with similar things.  Would you like more support or advice for ways to deal with the intrusive thoughts?  Take care and speak soon.

Staff-Account.png

Hi back, my intrusive thoughts lately have been about crashing my car while I’m driving. I don’t know why. I would like some advice as I haven’t told anyone about it. 

19 hours ago, Im_fine_ said:

Hi back, my intrusive thoughts lately have been about crashing my car while I’m driving. I don’t know why. I would like some advice as I haven’t told anyone about it. 

Hey there,

I just want to jump in while @Catsupis offline. I can see what you said about the intrusive thoughts you're having while driving. I just want to check, are you safe? I kind of get the impression that you are, but I want to make sure. If you're not though, please know it's okay to share that with us, and the more we know, the more we can help you. 

Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

Take care and speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

2 minutes ago, Im_fine_ said:

Yes I am safe

Hey it's great to hear that you're safe and thank you for letting us know. Have you noticed any signs of feeling low or depressed?  Sometimes we think these things when we're in a negative emotional state.  Is there a correlation for you?  (If there is, I think it's really important to treat the mental health concern that's related to the intrusive thoughts).

Another thing I have to say is that thoughts are simply thoughts, and sometimes it helps to recognize that they do not have to result in anything.  It doesn't take the thought away, but might take some of the anxiety away from the thought.  Do you feel anxious at all when these thoughts come up?

Staff-Account.png

I have been feeling low. But I don’t think it’s long enough to say I’m depressed cause I have good moments sometimes. Also, my anxiety hasn’t been a big factor recently. Like it’s manageable when it comes up. 

15 hours ago, Im_fine_ said:

I have been feeling low. But I don’t think it’s long enough to say I’m depressed cause I have good moments sometimes. Also, my anxiety hasn’t been a big factor recently. Like it’s manageable when it comes up. 

It sounds like you could possibly be depressed if you're feeling low.  People who are depressed can still have good moments, but that does not mean they aren't struggling with a low mood much of the time.  How do you think you might be able to get help and/or help yourself with your mood?  Do you think there might be any correlation between certain feelings and having your intrusive thoughts, or do the thoughts seem to truly come out of nowhere?

• Like 1

Staff-Account.png

On 5/28/2023 at 6:39 PM, Im_fine_ said:

I just wanted to know if anyone else’s intrusive thoughts are getting the best of them. I’ve noticed I’ve been thinking about them longer than usual. Just wondering if anyone is feeling the same.

I have the same thoughts while I’m driving. Sometimes I know that I’d never do it but other times it’s caused me to have panic attacks where I feel like I should pull off to the side of the road. 

• Like 1

On 6/5/2023 at 5:16 AM, Iloveplantsanddogs2006 said:

I have the same thoughts while I’m driving. Sometimes I know that I’d never do it but other times it’s caused me to have panic attacks where I feel like I should pull off to the side of the road. 

Hey there,

Thank you for sharing these thoughts with us. I think it will be really good for you to speak with @Im_fine_ so that you can share what it's been like for both of you. It will be really helpful to talk about both of your experiences as you might be able to help each other out too :)

Also, how are you doing at the moment? How is everything going for you? If you need support with anything, just let us know. I can see your post about sexuality which you made already, but if there is anything else, we can talk about that as well if you like. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

On 6/4/2023 at 11:16 PM, Iloveplantsanddogs2006 said:

Hi, nice to meet you. I see that you have these thoughts too. Over the past couple of days I have found a peaceful activity to help me out. I like nature and the water so I go fishing for a while. It helps having someplace to yourself to just breathe the open air. Do you have any place like this?