Pansexual or Bisexual?

PanOrBi    

Hello everyone! After leaving my toxic, intolerant parents household, I started to notice feelings come to the surface for people who didn’t identify as male. (I identify as female). It’s hard to explain, but I find that I am romantically and sexually attracted to the personality of others regardless of their gender or how they identify. Does this mean I am pansexual?

19 hours ago, PanOrBi said:

Hello everyone! After leaving my toxic, intolerant parents household, I started to notice feelings come to the surface for people who didn’t identify as male. (I identify as female). It’s hard to explain, but I find that I am romantically and sexually attracted to the personality of others regardless of their gender or how they identify. Does this mean I am pansexual?

Hey there,

Welcome to the DTL community. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. From what you've told us, it sounds like you could definitely be pansexual. How do you think it would feel if you were? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Hello @Monsoon, I appreciate your response. If I am pansexual, I think I would feel a huge weight lifted off of my shoulders, a closed part of my mind would flood open, and I would feel an incredibly strong desire to explore my romantic feelings and sexual desires with other people… I would also feel a sense of fear and hesitation of how my newly discovered sexuality may negatively impact my relationships with friends and family if I decided to share this with them.

Edited by PanOrBi

Hey there,

I just want you to know that it’s completely normal to have those fears. Coming out is a really important step to take on your life. It might be that some relationships are effected, but the truth is, the people who are meant to stay in your life and stand by you will become clear and they will show up for you. What do you think? If you decided to not explore due to this fear, how do you think your life might be impacted? 

@MonsoonIf I chose not to explore this further, my life would stay in the stagnant state that it’s currently in… having these curiosities and desires but doing nothing about them and not living life to the fullest. I just need to be proactive and find people and places where I feel safe outwardly expressing these things. Again, I appreciate your thoughts as it has really helped having a non-bias opinion to open up to.

On 6/4/2023 at 7:31 PM, PanOrBi said:

@MonsoonIf I chose not to explore this further, my life would stay in the stagnant state that it’s currently in… having these curiosities and desires but doing nothing about them and not living life to the fullest. I just need to be proactive and find people and places where I feel safe outwardly expressing these things. Again, I appreciate your thoughts as it has really helped having a non-bias opinion to open up to.

Hey there,

You're welcome :)

Yeah, I can totally see why you might feel stagnant if you chose not to explore this further. It is so important to live your life in the way that is fulfilling and authentic to you. I know that some people unfortunately live in situations where they can't do that, but if you can, you should definitely go for it. What do you think?