Friend problems

Keira6!    

This morning before my final exams I’d found out that a close friend of mine was moving to Thailand. And we were really close friends even though we’d just met this year we’ve become close friends, he was like family.

• Hug 1

2 hours ago, Keira6! said:

This morning before my final exams I’d found out that a close friend of mine was moving to Thailand. And we were really close friends even though we’d just met this year we’ve become close friends, he was like family.

Hey @Keira6!

I'm really sorry to hear about your close friend who is leaving. I can imagine this has brought up some challenging feelings. It is sad when someone we are so close to has to move away, and the feelings can be quite overwhelming at times. I'm wondering, how are you feeling about it all? Would you like to talk about it?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

I’m happy for him but at the same time I feel really sad that he’s leaving. Yes I would like to talk about it.

Dang yo, that sounds rough… I don’t really know y’all’s relationship, is there a reason? A way to stay I contact? Does he acknowledge your feels?

I have had this happen to me before, but I was not super close to them I guess

He’s moving there to go live with his mom, no we have no way to stay in contact, yes he does acknowledge my feelings.

1 hour ago, Keira6! said:

He’s moving there to go live with his mom, no we have no way to stay in contact, yes he does acknowledge my feelings.

ooh, ouch 💔 So will you ever see him again? Thats good he acknowledges your feelings, how does he feel about this all?

I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ he feels the same as me

1 hour ago, Keira6! said:

I don’t know 🤷🏻‍♀️ he feels the same as me

Well that sucks :( 🫂

19 hours ago, Keira6! said:

I’m happy for him but at the same time I feel really sad that he’s leaving. Yes I would like to talk about it.

Hey there,

Yeah, that is really sad and I'm sorry you have to now go through this. I'm wondering, how long do you have before he goes? Also, I can see what you said about how you won't be able to have any contact. How come that's the case? 

He leaves in less than a week, we didn’t get the chance to because we’ve been busy with finals all week and we just got out for summer break yesterday,

Edited by Keira6!

On 5/25/2023 at 5:34 PM, Keira6! said:

He leaves in less than a week, we didn’t get the chance to because we’ve been busy with finals all week and we just got out for summer break yesterday,

Hey there,

That's so soon and I can imagine that it's even more upsetting given that you don't have much time left now. I'm thinking, could you maybe do something special together as a goodbye perhaps?

• Like 1

No I’m out with my grandparents right now and I don’t know if I’ll be back in time to say goodbye

23 hours ago, Keira6! said:

No I’m out with my grandparents right now and I don’t know if I’ll be back in time to say goodbye

Hey there,

I must say, it's pretty unusual for someone to only find out that they are moving to Thailand a week before and that they won't be able to contact you. I'm wondering, do you know why he is moving? Do you think he might be in danger? It sounds kind of suspicious. 

• Shocked 1

He said he’s moving there to live with his mom, no I don’t think he’s in any danger 

Hey there,

Okay, fair enough. It’s just a bit unusual to move with only a week’s notice and to not have a way of contacting you. Are you sure everything is okay? I know I’ve already asked, but it really is ringing alarm bells from my perspective.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Okay, fair enough. It’s just a bit unusual to move with only a week’s notice and to not have a way of contacting you. Are you sure everything is okay? I know I’ve already asked, but it really is ringing alarm bells from my perspective.

I’m honestly unsure and don’t know, he never said he was in any danger

20 hours ago, Keira6! said:

I’m honestly unsure and don’t know, he never said he was in any danger

Hey there,

I'm wondering, could it be worth asking him just to check? We don't want to worry you, but from our point of view, it definitely sounds a little suspicious.