Drama/rumors/badreputation

BreeBabe    

So basically. I just found out there have been rumors abt me doing certain things with an ex (you can guess where that goes...). The thing is, nothing happened. And there's just a LOT going around about me leading guys on, doing stuff I didn't, and being this mean person. And I'm not,  I don't think. Just I've formed this terrible reputation I don't want (and I've done little to earn it, I think). Even my friends are making me feel like I'm messing everything up. For a few months, I was really depressed and during that, I grew away a little from people. And now that I'm back I realize it feels like no one wants me to come back. It feels like almost everyone hates me and I'm just generally a disappointment. I don't feel connected anymore with people I used to be close to. And there's this guy that I was sort of dating (the ex from the beginning) and he ghosted me and I got mad and suddenly my best friend started dating his brother so shes telling me all the reasons shes finding out my ex stopped talking to me. And my other ex told her he broke up with me because I'm not ready for a relationship (I've heard two completely different reasons that contradict it and it's so confusing). All around I'm very lost and don't know how to gain back friendships or my confidence. So if anyone has advice or just can relate, i'd love to hear it.

Edited by BreeBabe

• Digital Mentor
5 hours ago, BreeBabe said:

So basically. I just found out there have been rumors abt me doing certain things with an ex (you can guess where that goes...). The thing is, nothing happened. And there's just a LOT going around about me leading guys on, doing stuff I didn't, and being this mean person. And I'm not,  I don't think. Just I've formed this terrible reputation I don't want (and I've done little to earn it, I think). Even my friends are making me feel like I'm messing everything up. For a few months, I was really depressed and during that, I grew away a little from people. And now that I'm back I realize it feels like no one wants me to come back. It feels like almost everyone hates me and I'm just generally a disappointment. I don't feel connected anymore with people I used to be close to. And there's this guy that I was sort of dating (the ex from the beginning) and he ghosted me and I got mad and suddenly my best friend started dating his brother so shes telling me all the reasons shes finding out my ex stopped talking to me. And my other ex told her he broke up with me because I'm not ready for a relationship (I've heard two completely different reasons that contradict it and it's so confusing). All around I'm very lost and don't know how to gain back friendships or my confidence. So if anyone has advice or just can relate, i'd love to hear it.

Hi @BreeBabe, I noticed that you are new here, so I wanted to start off by welcoming you to Ditch the Label. It's really lovely to have you here! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I give support and advice to those who reach out to us. If you ever want to talk about something in confidence then you can send us a message via the confidential support tab (at the top of the page, next to Blogs) and one of the support mentors will get back to you. 

It sounds like you're having a tough time at the moment. I'm glad you've found us and that you feel comfortable sharing what's been going on with you. I am sorry to hear that you were depressed for a few months and that you grew apart from your friends during that time. Do you mind me asking, did you have any support while you were feeing low? 

Sometimes, when we have pulled away from others in can take a while until we feel like we belong again. You mentioned that you feel like no one wants you to come back and that you're a disappointment. I'm just wondering, what makes you think that? Is it something they have done/said or would you say it's more of a feeling/thoughts you've been having? 

Staff-Account.png