I don't know what to feel right now

Bisexual Soprano    

So, my boyfriend just broke up with me.

Well, we broke up with each other.  I think the both of us have been stressed out and it's just going to get worse.  Neither of us have much free time and we both have a lot of anxiety about stuff.

I just feel kind of empty right now.  Our relationship lasted barely a week, if that.  I can't puzzle out my feelings towards anyone at the moment, including him.  I'm not angry, but I don't know if I'm sad or not.  I'm not happy - I just feel empty.

12 minutes ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Well, we broke up with each other.  I think the both of us have been stressed out and it's just going to get worse.  Neither of us have much free time and we both have a lot of anxiety about stuff.

I just feel kind of empty right now.  Our relationship lasted barely a week, if that.  I can't puzzle out my feelings towards anyone at the moment, including him.  I'm not angry, but I don't know if I'm sad or not.  I'm not happy - I just feel empty.

it sounds like you and your boyfriend broke up for the befit of yourselves and each other but im sorry that you’re not happy and feel empty i understand feeling like that and when i feel that way im very nonchalant and my emotions cut off but i hope there is something or someone who helps you feel good again but most importantly focus on yourself 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Soy_Esa_Perra said:

it sounds like you and your boyfriend broke up for the befit of yourselves and each other but im sorry that you’re not happy and feel empty i understand feeling like that and when i feel that way im very nonchalant and my emotions cut off but i hope there is something or someone who helps you feel good again but most importantly focus on yourself 

Thank you

12 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

Hey @Bisexual Soprano

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a break up. I just want you to know that all of your feelings are valid and understandable given what has just happened. All break ups are hard, but I think they can be especially more difficult when someone has broken up with you. I know it might not seem like it now, but it will get better for you. However, it will just take time and we are here to listen to you and help you in whatever way we can. I think that soon after, it can be hard to puzzle feelings out, which you've said. I think it will be good to just take your time and trust the process. Also, I can see that you posted this twelve hours ago. I just wanted to check, how are you feeling now? Has there been a change at all? I wouldn't expect there to be, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Take care and speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

25 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @Bisexual Soprano

I'm sorry to hear that you're going through a break up. I just want you to know that all of your feelings are valid and understandable given what has just happened. All break ups are hard, but I think they can be especially more difficult when someone has broken up with you. I know it might not seem like it now, but it will get better for you. However, it will just take time and we are here to listen to you and help you in whatever way we can. I think that soon after, it can be hard to puzzle feelings out, which you've said. I think it will be good to just take your time and trust the process. Also, I can see that you posted this twelve hours ago. I just wanted to check, how are you feeling now? Has there been a change at all? I wouldn't expect there to be, but I thought I'd ask anyway. Take care and speak soon. 

I'm doing alright.  I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, honestly.  But it still hurts.

7 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I'm doing alright.  I'm trying not to dwell on it too much, honestly.  But it still hurts.

Hey there,

Yeah, that's completely normal. I can see what you said about not wanting to dwell on it too much which I completely understand. Make sure you also lean on those around you if you need help, and remember, we are here for you too. Would you like to talk about it with us? It's okay if you don't though. We are here for you. 

22 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I'm very sorry about that. I understand the feeling of numbness. Maybe don't worry about your feelings towards other people if you can't figure them out, and stick with people you already have figured out. Focus on you. Do little things that spark some happiness, like your hobbies. Go for a walk while listening to music. Take a bath. read a book. Play your favorite sport. Draw. Anything that clears your head and makes you even the smallest bit happy. Focus on you. Also, were you happy with your boyfriend? Do you think you feel empty because you broke up with your bf or did you break up with him because you feel empty?

On 5/20/2023 at 5:59 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Yeah, that's completely normal. I can see what you said about not wanting to dwell on it too much which I completely understand. Make sure you also lean on those around you if you need help, and remember, we are here for you too. Would you like to talk about it with us? It's okay if you don't though. We are here for you. 

I don't feel as though I need to talk about it right now.  I'm feeling at peace with the decision made because although I wish it didn't have to happen, I understand why it did.  But I appreciate the offer to chat.

21 hours ago, Madeleine_357 said:

I'm very sorry about that. I understand the feeling of numbness. Maybe don't worry about your feelings towards other people if you can't figure them out, and stick with people you already have figured out. Focus on you. Do little things that spark some happiness, like your hobbies. Go for a walk while listening to music. Take a bath. read a book. Play your favorite sport. Draw. Anything that clears your head and makes you even the smallest bit happy. Focus on you. Also, were you happy with your boyfriend? Do you think you feel empty because you broke up with your bf or did you break up with him because you feel empty?

I have been staying off the internet for a few days and just focusing on little things, and I now feel much better.

I'm not sure that I was happy with the relationship.  I liked him, but I had frequent thoughts of not knowing how to behave in a relationship.  I wanted something different that I didn't know how to communicate.

19 hours ago, Bisexual Soprano said:

I don't feel as though I need to talk about it right now.  I'm feeling at peace with the decision made because although I wish it didn't have to happen, I understand why it did.  But I appreciate the offer to chat.

Hey there,

That's okay. If you do change your mind though, you know where we are. Take care. 

34 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That's okay. If you do change your mind though, you know where we are. Take care. 

Thank you.

• Like 1