My friend suffers from CPTSD

Anonymous90    

But what I don't understand is why she is offended when I make subtle sexual refernces (NOT torwards her), yet makes VERY explicit sex references all the time. Even confussing her sexual experiences and showing some skin. I don't want to call her a hypocrite. I totally understand why she suffers from CPTSD. I'm just trying to understand her better is all.

On 4/1/2023 at 2:54 PM, Anonymous90 said:

But what I don't understand is why she is offended when I make subtle sexual refernces (NOT torwards her), yet makes VERY explicit sex references all the time. Even confussing her sexual experiences and showing some skin. I don't want to call her a hypocrite. I totally understand why she suffers from CPTSD. I'm just trying to understand her better is all.

Hi, I'm Catsup, one of the support mentors here.  I'm glad you're making the efforts to understand your friend's condition and it does sound confusing how your friend might be acting.  The one thing that I thought of when I read this is that everyone reacts to trauma differently, and one of the responses to trauma can be engaging in riskier behaviors or trying to regain control of the traumatic experience.  It could possibly explain this, or it could simply be that she prefers to have some control in the conversations around the topics that could trigger her anxiety.  Does any of this sound like it might be the case for her?

Staff-Account.png