This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

what to wear?

grey Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

i'm going for a teaching assistant job. the only problem i'm having is wondering what i should wear. i have severe body dysphoria (i identify as nonbinary but cannot get top surgery) and don't feel comfortable in clothes that make me appear 'feminine' but i'm worried that i'll get judged as i also haven't come out yet. some help would be appreciated!

28 minutes ago, grey said:

i'm going for a teaching assistant job. the only problem i'm having is wondering what i should wear. i have severe body dysphoria (i identify as nonbinary but cannot get top surgery) and don't feel comfortable in clothes that make me appear 'feminine' but i'm worried that i'll get judged as i also haven't come out yet. some help would be appreciated!

Well I guess you should do whatever fits you best maybe try hot topic they've got pretty good selections for anybody

• Digital Mentor

2 hours ago, grey said:

Heyy @grey, I am Luie, one of the support mentors. Firstly, congrats on getting this TA job!Β πŸ˜„

I am sorry for what you're going through, I do understand that this can be a challenging situation to navigate, but know that you are not alone. Many people face similar challenges when it comes to expressing their gender identity in professional settings.Β 

Here are a few tips from my experience that may help:

• Ask around or perhaps research the dress code of the school (or college if you're a TA there) where you will be working. This can give you a good idea of what is expected in terms of dressing
  • Consider wearing gender-neutral clothing, such as a button-down shirt or a blazer, paired with pants or a skirt that you feel comfortable in
  • If you feel comfortable doing so, you could consider talking to your supervisor or a trusted colleague about your concerns. They may be able to offer further guidance and support specifically for you so that you feel more at ease when workingΒ 
  • Remember that your worth as a teaching assistant does not depend on your appearance. Your skills, knowledge, and passion for the job are what matter most
  • If you are not comfortable coming out at this time to your new colleagues or supervisors, that is completely okay. You can still dress in a way that feels authentic to you while maintaining your privacy

Ultimately, the most important thing is to prioritize your own comfort and well-being. You deserve to feel comfortable and confident in the workplace , how does this all sound to you?

Β 

Staff-Account.png

• 3 months later...
  • Ditch the Label Staff
4 minutes ago, Blc said:

Hi I was just wondering about the 3.0 badge, does everyone get it or is it just for the people who have been on here for a long time? I'm just curious because ive noticed that not everybody is getting it

@HarperΒ @Digital MentorΒ @LuieΒ @CatsupΒ @MonsoonΒ @Blondie

Hey! It's on your profileΒ πŸ™‚Β If for any reason you can't see it you can log out and in again and it should show.Β 

Staff-Account.png