This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Mental Illness

Philosophy chat yasss

Equivalent Ways Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other

Click this notice to reveal the content.

Lol Idk why the heck it took me this long to freggin make this chat XD but PLEASE I love philosophy and I would love to hear anones thoughts, questions, wonders, concerns, and opinions! I just wanted to put a warning on this because of discussing deep topics hah. Just be respectful of others and yourself~ And most importantly, have fun and questionπŸ˜πŸ˜‰πŸ€—πŸ‘½Here are some things to help get ya going ;)

Do you think we are living in the Matrix?

(if you know about the Japanese cherry blossoms, rn) then what do you like of all that and how it can tie into a way of life?

How likely do you think it will be that humans will last another 1,000 years without kil1 ing ourselves off?

What is your definition of evil? What about good?

>:D cuz ya, putting your thoughts out there is a pretty powerful thingπŸ˜‰

Edited by Equivalent Ways

I am over here thinking about what are some harsh truths i prefer to ignore..... hehehe, ah gotta love life.

• Haha 1

Tell me plz, how do I know I am doing it right? How do any of us know we are doing anything 'right'?????

You never know if it’s right or not sometimes wrong things can be right in right scenarios and then wrong in others. You never know. Sometimes you could have this feeling of something being right like a gut feeling then you do it and then you realize you were wrong and it was a wrong thing to do…you just have to take chances sometimes…but hopefully one’s that won’t hurt you in the process.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Emmerson said:

You never know if it’s right or not sometimes wrong things can be right in right scenarios and then wrong in others. You never know. Sometimes you could have this feeling of something being right like a gut feeling then you do it and then you realize you were wrong and it was a wrong thing to do…you just have to take chances sometimes…but hopefully one’s that won’t hurt you in the process.

Yo that is kinda comforting ngl, but then idk how to make decisions, but I dont think there is ever a wasted moment or experience, its all part of the process but yeah i don't want to hurt ppl ya know?

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Yo that is kinda comforting ngl, but then idk how to make decisions, but I dont think there is ever a wasted moment or experience, its all part of the process but yeah i don't want to hurt ppl ya know?

I totally get that because that’s how I feel 24/7 because I’m constantly overthinking everything I do and when I actually come up with a solution then it’s kind of too late to actually do said thing so I completely understand what you’re sayingΒ 

• Hug 1

17 minutes ago, Emmerson said:

I totally get that because that’s how I feel 24/7 because I’m constantly overthinking everything I do and when I actually come up with a solution then it’s kind of too late to actually do said thing so I completely understand what you’re sayingΒ 

and i UNDERSTAND what yours saying too lol! I spend a lot of time thinking and dont do great making choices quickly, I always feel i am too late πŸ˜…

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

and i UNDERSTAND what yours saying too lol! I spend a lot of time thinking and dont do great making choices quickly, I always feel i am too late πŸ˜…

I feel that tbh I just feel like everything I do I do wrong if that makes sense…so I try and do everything right (aka feelin like I’m walking on eggshells and trying not to break them even more) with everyone because I don’t want anyone to leave me/I can’t afford anyone to leave me anymore.

Just now, Emmerson said:

I feel that tbh I just feel like everything I do I do wrong if that makes sense…so I try and do everything right (aka feelin like I’m walking on eggshells and trying not to break them even more) with everyone because I don’t want anyone to leave me/I can’t afford anyone to leave me anymore.

oof, relatable but... idk i just am kinda shedding that belief cuz.. Idk I am just trying my best and to be a decent human even though I do weird a $$ things somtimesπŸ˜‚

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

oof, relatable but... idk i just am kinda shedding that belief cuz.. Idk I am just trying my best and to be a decent human even though I do weird a $$ things somtimesπŸ˜‚

That’s so me with my friends and sometimes my siblings too lol πŸ˜‚

• Haha 1

Warning, a bit of ranting :)

Β 

You know, I am kinda cringe in the way that i like questioning a whole lot of tings, it is just a part of my i was born with and it never went away..prob never will lol

But like, where is the line between art and not art? Why are genders so important and contreversal? Do humans have a free will that will lead us all to make the choices we will? Why do we seek to find like-minded people/ Will humanity ever be able to escape tribalism and the creation of in and out groups? How far should governments go to prevent its citizens from causing harm to themselves? What are romance/friendship/lust?

My head feels like it might explodeπŸ˜– but lol I kinda feel bad for spamming such ridiculous questions no ones likes to think about on here... Well i know some ppl like to think bout them, like me lol. I just feel like answers are not what I am seeking, but then what am i? Gawd i don't get along with my own humanity and human desires😩

Welp, thats all for now

-the finest whine in the whine-yard~πŸŽ΅πŸ˜†πŸ˜š

40 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

You know, I am kinda cringe in the way that i like questioning a whole lot of tings, it is just a part of my i was born with and it never went away..prob never will lol

But like, where is the line between art and not art? Why are genders so important and contreversal? Do humans have a free will that will lead us all to make the choices we will? Why do we seek to find like-minded people/ Will humanity ever be able to escape tribalism and the creation of in and out groups? How far should governments go to prevent its citizens from causing harm to themselves? What are romance/friendship/lust?

My head feels like it might explodeπŸ˜– but lol I kinda feel bad for spamming such ridiculous questions no ones likes to think about on here... Well i know some ppl like to think bout them, like me lol. I just feel like answers are not what I am seeking, but then what am i? Gawd i don't get along with my own humanity and human desires😩

Welp, thats all for now

Hey @Equivalent WaysΒ I gotta go clean but in a sec after I’m done I’ll respond

• Hug 1

1 hour ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Welp, thats all for now

First: What do you mean by this one?

Honestly at some points I wonder these questions too! I thought I was the only one because other people always say things that are kind of either (genders topic) umm homophobicΒ 

About the second question? I honestly don’t know/never thought about that.

Third: (why I think why) We seek to find like-minded people because we want a connection with someone and like-minded people kind of well think alike I guess but I have a question for you. Is that always a good thing?

Four: Honestly? I don’t think so tbh because Humanity is (respectfully) becoming less humane and also becoming dumber and dumber.Β 
Five: I personally think they should go as far as they should because their citizens safety should be their top priority.

Six: what do you mean by that? Elaborate please?

Don’t feel bad for spamming if you have any questions ask them with all your hearts desire and someone will hopefully answer them for you. But may I ask, if not answers do you know what your searching for then?

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Emmerson said:

Honestly at some points I wonder these questions too! I thought I was the only one because other people always say things that are kind of either (genders topic) umm homophobicΒ 

Third: (why I think why) We seek to find like-minded people because we want a connection with someone and like-minded people kind of well think alike I guess but I have a question for you. Is that always a good thing?

Four: Honestly? I don’t think so tbh because Humanity is (respectfully) becoming less humane and also becoming dumber and dumber.Β 
Five: I personally think they should go as far as they should because their citizens safety should be their top priority.

Don’t feel bad for spamming if you have any questions ask them with all your hearts desire and someone will hopefully answer them for you. But may I ask, if not answers do you know what your searching for then?

Nah yo that is actually really nice you responded and its really cool too :D LOL and you responded to my questionsπŸ˜…πŸ˜ It is nice to know someone else questions some of these things, I love a friendly civil discourse ya know? Here, i will try to get back to those questions, but for now I will say that I think every human is searching for love and safety 😐 And I would say I have that.... hmmmmm

• Hug 1

3 hours ago, Emmerson said:

ok, 1, ppl consider all sorts of stuff as art good or bad, and as an artist this is one I often come across and ponder deeply

2, πŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ Its just weird when u think about it

3, Yeash thats what I thought too because we are social creatures by nature... But our 'like minded' ppl can actually end up being toxic so I guess It depends but overall I think it leads to more joy

4, lol I agree, nothing is stopping this crazy a $$ train to destructionπŸ˜…πŸ˜…

5, I am not really too into politics but I think it is bull crap when ppl put their own selfish(loose-loose) needs above those who rely on them for structure and support :(

6, I just kinda feel like romance does not exist, and its kinda fake, I just feel like there is love❀️-----the reproduction, like I feel like those are the categories of relationships lol If that makes ANY sense

ty :3πŸ’Œ

welp, imma reply to my own chat agin.. ok so... I wanna talk bout human stuff >:> lol I just donno how.. Anyway, I am thinking about grief and loss today and how humans deal with it.. Broad topic i know but, thoughts?πŸ€”

8 hours ago, Equivalent Ways said:

welp, imma reply to my own chat agin.. ok so... I wanna talk bout human stuff >:> lol I just donno how.. Anyway, I am thinking about grief and loss today and how humans deal with it.. Broad topic i know but, thoughts?πŸ€”

I think everyone goes through grief and loss in their own unique ways and people even might take months or years or even decades to get over grief and loss if it affected them that bad. Anyone else?

• Hug 1

• 3 weeks later...

well, i am tired as fudge of thinking about stuff, but not in an overwhelming way just in a I-feel-like-it-would-be-easier-to-be-a-walking-dead-human🫠 Feeling stuff is hard too... Im just in a kinda crap mood so I will excuse myself but ultimately I do think that thinking is goodπŸ˜…

9 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

well, i am tired as fudge of thinking about stuff, but not in an overwhelming way just in a I-feel-like-it-would-be-easier-to-be-a-walking-dead-human🫠 Feeling stuff is hard too... Im just in a kinda crap mood so I will excuse myself but ultimately I do think that thinking is goodπŸ˜…

Could u explain what makes you feel like that?

1 hour ago, Olivia05 said:

Could u explain what makes you feel like that?

Ah! hmm, well I guess i dont really know how to explain it but i just have a lot of existential human crises igπŸ˜…πŸ«  Just about humanity and how my brain works.

1 hour ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Ah! hmm, well I guess i dont really know how to explain it but i just have a lot of existential human crises igπŸ˜…πŸ«  Just about humanity and how my brain works.

Ok if u ever wanna talk I’m here along with a bunch of other helpful people who would love to help…

• Hug 1

• Digital Mentor
On 4/24/2023 at 7:43 PM, Equivalent Ways said:

Here for you @Equivalent Ways. What sort of existential crisis we talking about? I always love a good debate/conversation on humanity. No pressure though, do share if you feel like expressing.Β 

• Yaaas 1

Staff-Account.png

7 hours ago, Luie said:

Here for you @Equivalent Ways. What sort of existential crisis we talking about? I always love a good debate/conversation on humanity. No pressure though, do share if you feel like expressing.Β 

oooOooOooOOOoOh! I like that😎 I have so many existential crises, its kinda funny. Thank you very much.

Im not really sure how to explain itπŸ€” considering it feels like it was eons ago, however I would love to discuss it! I can't explain how fascinating humans are!

On 4/27/2023 at 8:51 AM, Luie said:

ok, so like... I am a bit obsessed rn with how humans can't seem to resist blabbing about themselves, or only thinking of themselves😀 i know i am no exception but I try to listen and keep an curious mind😭