Questioning

welches_242    

I think I might be aromantic. I was talking with someone earlier about my lack of crushes (I've had 2 in my life and both didn't last very long) and they suggested that I might be on the aromantic spectrum. I've considered it before, but I haven't looked into it much. I researched it, and I really relate to the things I'm reading. The whole concept kind of scares me though but I'm also really happy because I might have answers. I hope that whole thing makes sense.

I want to point out, I'm doing more research. The internet isn't the most reliable source for information obviously, and I'm going to have to wait until tomorrow before I can actually talk to anyone about it.

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us to about this. I’m really glad you’re feeling happy because you might finally have answers; that must be really nice for you :).

Would you like to tell me more about what you’ve related to in the research you’ve done so far then? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

3 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Would you like to tell me more about what you’ve related to in the research you’ve done so far then? 

It’s not much yet. It’s all what seems to be the basics on the spectrum, like occasionally experiencing romantic attraction is one of them. A lot of what I’m seeing is very mixed, like some websites say that aromantics can still want a relationship and others say that aromantics don’t. Some say that you can feel attraction, but  are more content with maintaining friendships and non-romantic relationships. There’s more, but I need to go re-read and see if I can find a better source because these are all random websites.

9 hours ago, Monsoon said:

I just realized my comment glitched earlier and put my answer as part of the quote. On another note, I've done more research, I think I'm grayromantic. I was reading and it said some of the things I was ranting to my friend about earlier. This includes infrequent crushes, feeling unsure how to decipher romantic and non-romantic, unsure if you experienced romantic attraction or not, feeling attraction only with specific circumstances, experiencing romantic attraction weakly,  and finding aromanticism a useful idea, even if it's not a perfect fit. Every one of those is spot on.

• Hug 1

23 hours ago, welches_242 said:

I just realized my comment glitched earlier and put my answer as part of the quote. On another note, I've done more research, I think I'm grayromantic. I was reading and it said some of the things I was ranting to my friend about earlier. This includes infrequent crushes, feeling unsure how to decipher romantic and non-romantic, unsure if you experienced romantic attraction or not, feeling attraction only with specific circumstances, experiencing romantic attraction weakly,  and finding aromanticism a useful idea, even if it's not a perfect fit. Every one of those is spot on.

Hey,

There you go then - it sounds like you have a label that fits well! How are you feeling about everything? I know you've said you're both happy and scared as well, and I just wanted to check in because this kind of journey can be pretty up and down. How have you found it talking about it with others as well?

On 3/26/2023 at 5:15 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

There you go then - it sounds like you have a label that fits well! How are you feeling about everything? I know you've said you're both happy and scared as well, and I just wanted to check in because this kind of journey can be pretty up and down. How have you found it talking about it with others as well?

It's good so far. Turns out the Christian church I attend (not my subdivision, but my dad's) is homophobic and don't like the younger generation much, so there's that. Wasn't very surprised about that either. At least I get food out of it. My one friend who I explained my whole situation to before coming to ditch the label was very accepting. I didn't have a chance to talk  to my other close friends today because of some extra school work I had to finish during lunch, but I plan to tell them tomorrow. I'm not worried about them either. And that's about it. 

Hey there,

I'm really glad your friend was accepting - I can imagine that has been good for you to have the support, and good luck with talking to your other close friends today :)

Would you like any support from us in particular, or advice on anything specific? If so, let us know!