This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Other, Abuse, Mental Illness, Self-Harm, Trauma, Violence, Death, Suicide

Callin all of the kids w strict parents 🫠

TinyDinos    

• Digital Mentor
13 hours ago, Emmerson said:

My medicine, yes I am able to get more but I have to go to an appointment for it and they won’t answer my mom so I’ve yet to go. 
If I had a friend trying to come out, honestly? I don’t know what I’d say but if I had to say something like right there on the spot I would just offer them to just get their parents either separately or together (if they’re trying to come out to both and they live with both) and just say that if they have any questions to wait until they’re done talking and then just say what they have to say or if they can’t figure out what to say, say it on paper.

But I mean it’s not that I’m having trouble saying it, it’s the questions after that are kind of scaring me. And I guess starting the conversation as well because I wouldn’t know where to start. 
If I need help with anything I’ll for sure let you know thanks!

Hi there, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the other support mentors here. If you like I can help you to think about how you could have that conversation and how to deal with the questions afterwards? I've noticed that this is probably a different topic to the original thread. Would it be OK if I sent you a confidential message or you could start a new topic and I can reply there if you prefer?  If you would prefer to wait until Monsoon is back that's absolutely fine, too. Whatever works best for you

Staff-Account.png

Just now, Aurora said:

Hi there, I'm Aurora, I'm one of the other support mentors here. If you like I can help you to think about how you could have that conversation and how to deal with the questions afterwards? I've noticed that this is probably a different topic to the original thread. Would it be OK if I sent you a confidential message or you could start a new topic and I can reply there if you prefer?  If you would prefer to wait until Monsoon is back that's absolutely fine, too. Whatever works best for you

I can talk to you that’s fine and yeah you can send me a message that’s fine as well thank you!

On 3/14/2023 at 6:32 PM, TinyTurtles said:

What is the strangest rule that your parents ever had for you while growing up (or still have now)?

Ill go first :)  I’ve actually got two: 

first, I wasn’t allowed to watch Disney Channel or Nickelodeon because it was inappropriate. I wasn’t allowed to watch high school musical because of this rule and my moms reasoning was “bc you aren’t in high school yet :/“ I’ve also never watched SpongeBob bc of this.

Second, we’re not allowed to lock doors 🫠 Even when showering :l 

Anybody else got some weird rules???

there's a video i found of when i was little, i wasn't allowed to say no because according to my mum it was a 'bad word'. i always had to hug and say goodbye to my mum and dad's fiends when i didn't even know them. i still live at home and it was only a few months ago that i was allowed to have my phone upstairs at night. my door doesn't lock, but they're not too hot on me getting one. 

• Digital Mentor
22 hours ago, Olivia05 said:

I can talk to you that’s fine and yeah you can send me a message that’s fine as well thank you!

No problem at all. I've just sent you a confidential support message. If you go to confidential support at the top of the page you should be able to see it there 🙂

Staff-Account.png