Idk what to do later on in life

Bubbletea    

I'm very confused what profession I want to pursue and that is quite the issue as I will be graduating this year (if I don't fail my finals who'll make up 50% of my final grade that is haha..) and once graduated, I can either go on to do something called "Abitur" which is just a certificate in order to be able to enter University or go to vocational school. I personally would want to go do Abitur which takes 3 years to complete. Don't know what to do after that tho, plus I should not get a bad GPA. I've been thinking of going into the medical field and becoming a doctor or something but that would require me to get a 4.0 GPA in Germany which is way to stressful for me to accomplish so I don't want to. Sure, I'll still have a couple of months to think about all that but better get this solved sooner than later. 

Edited by Bubbletea

• Digital Mentor
On 2/25/2023 at 9:26 PM, Bubbletea said:

I'm very confused what profession I want to pursue and that is quite the issue as I will be graduating this year (if I don't fail my finals who'll make up 50% of my final grade that is haha..) and once graduated, I can either go on to do something called "Abitur" which is just a certificate in order to be able to enter University or go to vocational school. I personally would want to go do Abitur which takes 3 years to complete. Don't know what to do after that tho, plus I should not get a bad GPA. I've been thinking of going into the medical field and becoming a doctor or something but that would require me to get a 4.0 GPA in Germany which is way to stressful for me to accomplish so I don't want to. Sure, I'll still have a couple of months to think about all that but better get this solved sooner than later. 

Hi there, thanks for opening up about this. It's really normal to feel confused about what our career choice and what we want to do later on in life. I noticed that you said that you'd been thinking about going into the medical field and becoming a doctor but that you don't feel that might be achievable. I'm just wondering, what is it about becoming a doctor/the medical field that interests you? Is there anything that's important to you when you think about what you would like to do later on in life? 

Staff-Account.png

• 3 weeks later...
On 2/27/2023 at 3:56 PM, Aurora said:

Hi there, thanks for opening up about this. It's really normal to feel confused about what our career choice and what we want to do later on in life. I noticed that you said that you'd been thinking about going into the medical field and becoming a doctor but that you don't feel that might be achievable. I'm just wondering, what is it about becoming a doctor/the medical field that interests you? Is there anything that's important to you when you think about what you would like to do later on in life? 

Heya! I apologize for the late response.

Well the reason why the medical field interests me is because it involves helping others when they're in need for it. Even though I am still not too sure about the choice, it's just a thought as of now.  The only thing that I would say is important to me when in comes to what I want to do later on in life is that I don't want to do a boring office job where I would just sit in front of a computer filling out papers or smth for 8 hours straight. I don't want my future job to be something boring even if it pays well and you don't need to do much, that's just not something I could ever see myself doing. I want to experience things 

15 hours ago, Bubbletea said:

Heya! I apologize for the late response.

Well the reason why the medical field interests me is because it involves helping others when they're in need for it. Even though I am still not too sure about the choice, it's just a thought as of now.  The only thing that I would say is important to me when in comes to what I want to do later on in life is that I don't want to do a boring office job where I would just sit in front of a computer filling out papers or smth for 8 hours straight. I don't want my future job to be something boring even if it pays well and you don't need to do much, that's just not something I could ever see myself doing. I want to experience things 

Hey,

No need to apologise! I'm just to jump in for @Aurora - I hope that's okay.

The good thing about the medical field is that there are loads of roles where you will be able to experience things as you said and not be in an office all the time. I'm thinking for now, could it be good to maybe focus on your studies so you do as well as you possibly can to open up your options further down the line? What do you think?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 1 month later...
On 3/18/2023 at 3:27 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

No need to apologise! I'm just to jump in for @Aurora - I hope that's okay.

The good thing about the medical field is that there are loads of roles where you will be able to experience things as you said and not be in an office all the time. I'm thinking for now, could it be good to maybe focus on your studies so you do as well as you possibly can to open up your options further down the line? What do you think?

Hiya! 

I definitely agree with you, focusing on my studies is a good course of action considering that my dream job changes quite frequently lol 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Digital Mentor
On 5/15/2023 at 4:12 PM, Bubbletea said:

Hiya! 

I definitely agree with you, focusing on my studies is a good course of action considering that my dream job changes quite frequently lol 

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed your message. I just wanted to check in and see if you've had any more thoughts around this? Are you happy to just focus on your studies for now and then see how you feel about everything later on or do you feel like you need more clarity now about what you would like to do later on? 

Staff-Account.png

On 5/25/2023 at 11:14 AM, Aurora said:

Hi there, sorry for the late reply. I somehow missed your message. I just wanted to check in and see if you've had any more thoughts around this? Are you happy to just focus on your studies for now and then see how you feel about everything later on or do you feel like you need more clarity now about what you would like to do later on? 

I think I'm more than happy to just focus on my studies at the moment. I actually just got the results of my finals and it turns out I passed all of them! I don't want to think about what I want to do later on in these last few weeks I have school as it's pretty much confirmed that I'll go back to school for another 3 years after summer break

• Digital Mentor
On 5/27/2023 at 4:09 PM, Bubbletea said:

I think I'm more than happy to just focus on my studies at the moment. I actually just got the results of my finals and it turns out I passed all of them! I don't want to think about what I want to do later on in these last few weeks I have school as it's pretty much confirmed that I'll go back to school for another 3 years after summer break

That's brilliant. Well done you on passing all your finals!! I'm really happy for you 😀. It sounds like this gives you lots more opportunities and plenty of time to think about what you want to do later on. You sound more relaxed and I'm glad you can just focus on what's happening right now 

Staff-Account.png

19 minutes ago, Aurora said:

That's brilliant. Well done you on passing all your finals!! I'm really happy for you 😀. It sounds like this gives you lots more opportunities and plenty of time to think about what you want to do later on. You sound more relaxed and I'm glad you can just focus on what's happening right now 

Thanks so much! 

• Like 1