Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

What have you done today that made you feel proud?💕


-Leila-    

Recommended Posts

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"What a lovely idea for a post"

-Leila- was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

As the title suggestions,  this is a place simply for recognising achievements, every step counts no matter how little,  if you got out of bed or showered you're still winning! 

So drop by whenever you feel like mentioning it,  let's feel good about ourselves!  💗

I’ve managed to speak to the nurses and got my bed changed. It’s a huge step

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I woke up today. Not sure if that’s a good thing yet or not, but it happened for a reason right?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TinyDinos said:

I woke up today. Not sure if that’s a good thing yet or not, but it happened for a reason right?

That’s so positive!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _Leila_ said:

That’s so positive!

Thanks. I’m glad I saw this bc I have to go to a new church with my fam today and I’m really anxious about it. Also sorry about being gone for so long, had a lot happening irl that I had to deal with.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, TinyDinos said:

Thanks. I’m glad I saw this bc I have to go to a new church with my fam today and I’m really anxious about it. Also sorry about being gone for so long, had a lot happening irl that I had to deal with.

Would you like to talk to me about what’s making you so anxious lovely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hi, I am new here, and I’m not sure how to join into this chat but I just wanted to share that I am really proud I washed my bedsheets because it has been a long time and I know it sounds simple but I am proud of myself.

  • Hug 1
  • Yaaas 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

Hi, I am new here, and I’m not sure how to join into this chat but I just wanted to share that I am really proud I washed my bedsheets because it has been a long time and I know it sounds simple but I am proud of myself.

Hey lovely, it’s lovely to meet you and what an achievement! I’m so proud of you 💕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, _Leila_ said:

Would you like to talk to me about what’s making you so anxious lovely?

There’s quite a bit going on, but I know it’s all in my head. It’s just a new place that I’ve never been to before, and a lot of new people and that usually makes me anxious. Even with people I know it’s still a lot since I’m mostly at my house so it’s overwhelming y’know? It’s also weird bc we’re looking for a new “home church “ since the last one was really toxic and while looking I’m having a hard time coping with the fact that I’m close to actually being an adult bc I have to like look at the adult services and I won’t qualify for the teens group anymore soon and stuff, and my moms trying to teach me how to drive, and honestly I’m just a hot mess :(

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Hi, I am new here, and I’m not sure how to join into this chat but I just wanted to share that I am really proud I washed my bedsheets because it has been a long time and I know it sounds simple but I am proud of myself.

Nice to meet you :) 

Im really glad you found DTL and we’re happy to have you here 💕

That really is a big deal! I just convinced myself to do laundry yesterday and I understand how hard bit is to do little things. I’m super proud of you!!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you! It means a lot that yous say that :)

also, sorry to hear that Dino. I went to new church one and it was really overwhelming.. I also was learning how to drive but was a hot mess to say the least. It’s cool though that you are here talking about it. This place seems like a good resource! 

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

There’s quite a bit going on, but I know it’s all in my head. It’s just a new place that I’ve never been to before, and a lot of new people and that usually makes me anxious. Even with people I know it’s still a lot since I’m mostly at my house so it’s overwhelming y’know? It’s also weird bc we’re looking for a new “home church “ since the last one was really toxic and while looking I’m having a hard time coping with the fact that I’m close to actually being an adult bc I have to like look at the adult services and I won’t qualify for the teens group anymore soon and stuff, and my moms trying to teach me how to drive, and honestly I’m just a hot mess :(

Going to a new place you’ve never been to is really difficult but you are a strong resilient person and you’ve got what it takes to battle these challenges! I believe in you beautiful!

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Thank you! It means a lot that yous say that :)

also, sorry to hear that Dino. I went to new church one and it was really overwhelming.. I also was learning how to drive but was a hot mess to say the least. It’s cool though that you are here talking about it. This place seems like a good resource! 

How’s ur driving lessons going lovely?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Thank you! It means a lot that yous say that :)

also, sorry to hear that Dino. I went to new church one and it was really overwhelming.. I also was learning how to drive but was a hot mess to say the least. It’s cool though that you are here talking about it. This place seems like a good resource! 

It really is, and it’s got a really great community too. Thank you for your words of encouragement 💕

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Leila, I just now read that your bead was changed with the nurses(?) good for you btw!! But are you ok?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, TinyDinos said:

It really is, and it’s got a really great community too. Thank you for your words of encouragement 💕

Yay!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

Leila, I just now read that your bead was changed with the nurses(?) good for you btw!! But are you ok?

I’m in hospital because of my mental health but my physical health but Thankyou 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _Leila_ said:

How’s ur driving lessons going lovely?

Gosh, um, I quit 😥 cuz I was disassociating too much and it was contributing to my depression and we/I deemed I had to stop for my safety. But it feels good to say out loud because it was a good choice and it was scary lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, _Leila_ said:

How’s ur driving lessons going lovely?

I’ve literally only driven around my neighborhood once and last time we checked out a different church my mom made me park the car :(

I’m so scared of driving I try to avoid practicing at all costs tbh.. my mom isn’t very good when it comes to mental health stuff, like saying it doesn’t exist and things like that, but she’s starting to worry about me and I feel bad about it but it’s kinda nice knowing that she really does care and worries about me. She noticed how negative I tend to talk about myself and situations as a whole, or assume the worst case scenario of things while we’ve practiced, and she noticed the other day how indecisive I am and how I tend to be a people pleaser. I think she’s gonna get me screened at my next physical.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, _Leila_ said:

I’m in hospital because of my mental health but my physical health but Thankyou 

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, though it sounds like you are healing and being strong. I hope you can make yourself as comfortable as you can and it sounds like you are doing good working towards that <3

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Gosh, um, I quit 😥 cuz I was disassociating too much and it was contributing to my depression and we/I deemed I had to stop for my safety. But it feels good to say out loud because it was a good choice and it was scary lol

I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m also glad that you took steps needed for safety. I live in California so it’s kind of a necessity to drive over here, unfortunately. :/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, though it sounds like you are healing and being strong. I hope you can make yourself as comfortable as you can and it sounds like you are doing good working towards that <3

I second this ^^

  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

Click this notice to reveal the content.
2 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

I’m sorry to hear that, but I’m also glad that you took steps needed for safety. I live in California so it’s kind of a necessity to drive over here, unfortunately. :/

Me too.. and I hate worrying people I care about but if I speak frankly. I had to decide between trying to bike round cali or not really driving anywhere cuz I might be dead. I THINK NOT! Haha

Edited by Equivalent Ways
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

I’ve literally only driven around my neighborhood once and last time we checked out a different church my mom made me park the car :(

I’m so scared of driving I try to avoid practicing at all costs tbh.. my mom isn’t very good when it comes to mental health stuff, like saying it doesn’t exist and things like that, but she’s starting to worry about me and I feel bad about it but it’s kinda nice knowing that she really does care and worries about me. She noticed how negative I tend to talk about myself and situations as a whole, or assume the worst case scenario of things while we’ve practiced, and she noticed the other day how indecisive I am and how I tend to be a people pleaser. I think she’s gonna get me screened at my next physical.

Awww

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hhhhhh I have to do my hair and it’s too hard rn 😞

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...