This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

What have you done today that made you feel proud?๐Ÿ’•

-Leila- ย  ย 

Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

"What a lovely idea for a post"

-Leila- was awarded the badge 'Great Content' and 20 points.

As the title suggestions, ย this is a place simply for recognising achievements, every step counts no matter how little, ย if you got out of bed or showered you're still winning!ย 

So drop by whenever you feel like mentioning it, ย let's feel good about ourselves! ย ๐Ÿ’—

Iโ€™ve managed to speak to the nurses and got my bed changed. Itโ€™s a huge step

• Hug 1

I woke up today. Not sure if thatโ€™s a good thing yet or not, but it happened for a reason right?

ย 

Just now, TinyDinos said:

I woke up today. Not sure if thatโ€™s a good thing yet or not, but it happened for a reason right?

Thatโ€™s so positive!

1 minute ago, _Leila_ said:

Thatโ€™s so positive!

Thanks. Iโ€™m glad I saw this bc I have to go to a new church with my fam today and Iโ€™m really anxious about it. Also sorry about being gone for so long, had a lot happening irl that I had to deal with.

Just now, TinyDinos said:

Thanks. Iโ€™m glad I saw this bc I have to go to a new church with my fam today and Iโ€™m really anxious about it. Also sorry about being gone for so long, had a lot happening irl that I had to deal with.

Would you like to talk to me about whatโ€™s making you so anxious lovely?

Hi, I am new here, and Iโ€™m not sure how to join into this chat but I just wanted to share that I am really proud I washed my bedsheets because it has been a long time and I know it sounds simple but I am proud of myself.

• Hug 1
  • Yaaas 1

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

Hi, I am new here, and Iโ€™m not sure how to join into this chat but I just wanted to share that I am really proud I washed my bedsheets because it has been a long time and I know it sounds simple but I am proud of myself.

Hey lovely, itโ€™s lovely to meet you and what an achievement! Iโ€™m so proud of you ๐Ÿ’•

Just now, _Leila_ said:

Would you like to talk to me about whatโ€™s making you so anxious lovely?

Thereโ€™s quite a bit going on, but I know itโ€™s all in my head. Itโ€™s just a new place that Iโ€™ve never been to before, and a lot of new people and that usually makes me anxious. Even with people I know itโ€™s still a lot since Iโ€™m mostly at my house so itโ€™s overwhelmingย yโ€™know? Itโ€™s also weird bc weโ€™re looking for a new โ€œhome church โ€œ since the last one was really toxic and while looking Iโ€™m having a hard time coping with the fact that Iโ€™m close to actually being an adult bc I have to like look at the adult services and I wonโ€™t qualify for the teens group anymore soon and stuff, and my moms trying to teach me how to drive, and honestly Iโ€™m just a hot mess :(

• Hug 1

3 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Nice to meet you :)ย 

Im really glad you found DTL and weโ€™re happy to have you here ๐Ÿ’•

That really is a big deal! I just convinced myself to do laundry yesterday and I understand how hard bit is to do little things. Iโ€™m super proud of you!!

Thank you! It means a lot that yous say that :)

also, sorry to hear that Dino. I went to new church one and it was really overwhelming.. I also was learning how to drive but was a hot mess to say the least. Itโ€™s cool though that you are here talking about it. This place seems like a good resource!ย 

• Hug 1

4 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

Thereโ€™s quite a bit going on, but I know itโ€™s all in my head. Itโ€™s just a new place that Iโ€™ve never been to before, and a lot of new people and that usually makes me anxious. Even with people I know itโ€™s still a lot since Iโ€™m mostly at my house so itโ€™s overwhelmingย yโ€™know? Itโ€™s also weird bc weโ€™re looking for a new โ€œhome church โ€œ since the last one was really toxic and while looking Iโ€™m having a hard time coping with the fact that Iโ€™m close to actually being an adult bc I have to like look at the adult services and I wonโ€™t qualify for the teens group anymore soon and stuff, and my moms trying to teach me how to drive, and honestly Iโ€™m just a hot mess :(

Going to a new place youโ€™ve never been to is really difficult but you are a strong resilient person and youโ€™ve got what it takes to battle these challenges! I believe in you beautiful!

• Hug 1

2 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

also, sorry to hear that Dino. I went to new church one and it was really overwhelming.. I also was learning how to drive but was a hot mess to say the least. Itโ€™s cool though that you are here talking about it. This place seems like a good resource!ย 

Howโ€™s ur driving lessons going lovely?

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

It really is, and itโ€™s got a really great community too. Thank you for your words of encouragement ๐Ÿ’•

Leila, I just now read that your bead was changed with the nurses(?) good for you btw!! But are you ok?

1 minute ago, TinyDinos said:

It really is, and itโ€™s got a really great community too. Thank you for your words of encouragement ๐Ÿ’•

Yay!

Just now, Equivalent Ways said:

Leila, I just now read that your bead was changed with the nurses(?) good for you btw!! But are you ok?

Iโ€™m in hospital because of my mental health but my physical health but Thankyouย 

Gosh, um, I quit ๐Ÿ˜ฅ cuz I was disassociating too much and it was contributing to my depression and we/I deemed I had to stop for my safety. But it feels good to say out loud because it was a good choice and it was scary lol

Just now, _Leila_ said:

Iโ€™ve literally only driven around my neighborhood once and last time we checked out a different church my mom made me park the car :(

Iโ€™m so scared of driving I try to avoid practicing at all costs tbh.. my mom isnโ€™t very good when it comes to mental health stuff, like saying it doesnโ€™t exist and things like that, but sheโ€™s starting to worry about me and I feel bad about it but itโ€™s kinda nice knowing that she really does care and worries about me. She noticed how negative I tend to talk about myself and situations as a whole, or assume the worst case scenario of things while weโ€™ve practiced, and she noticed the other day how indecisive I am and how I tend to be a people pleaser. I think sheโ€™s gonna get me screened at my next physical.

Iโ€™m in hospital because of my mental health but my physical health but Thankyouย 

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, though it sounds like you are healing and being strong. I hope you can make yourself as comfortable as you can and it sounds like you are doing good working towards that <3

• Thanks 1

Gosh, um, I quit ๐Ÿ˜ฅ cuz I was disassociating too much and it was contributing to my depression and we/I deemed I had to stop for my safety. But it feels good to say out loud because it was a good choice and it was scary lol

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that, but Iโ€™m also glad that you took steps needed for safety. I live in California so itโ€™s kind of a necessity to drive over here, unfortunately. :/

Oh, I am sorry to hear that, though it sounds like you are healing and being strong. I hope you can make yourself as comfortable as you can and it sounds like you are doing good working towards that <3

I second this ^^

• Thanks 1

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Death

Click this notice to reveal the content.
2 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

Iโ€™m sorry to hear that, but Iโ€™m also glad that you took steps needed for safety. I live in California so itโ€™s kind of a necessity to drive over here, unfortunately. :/

Me too.. and I hate worrying people I care about but if I speak frankly. I had to decide between trying to bike round cali or not really driving anywhere cuz I might be dead. I THINK NOT! Haha

Edited by Equivalent Ways

3 minutes ago, TinyDinos said:

Iโ€™ve literally only driven around my neighborhood once and last time we checked out a different church my mom made me park the car :(

Iโ€™m so scared of driving I try to avoid practicing at all costs tbh.. my mom isnโ€™t very good when it comes to mental health stuff, like saying it doesnโ€™t exist and things like that, but sheโ€™s starting to worry about me and I feel bad about it but itโ€™s kinda nice knowing that she really does care and worries about me. She noticed how negative I tend to talk about myself and situations as a whole, or assume the worst case scenario of things while weโ€™ve practiced, and she noticed the other day how indecisive I am and how I tend to be a people pleaser. I think sheโ€™s gonna get me screened at my next physical.

Awww

Hhhhhh I have to do my hair and itโ€™s too hard rn ๐Ÿ˜ž