Some good news and some bad news...

Harper    

• Ditch the Label Staff

Dearest community,

I have both good news and bad news.

The good news:

We're gearing up to launch an exciting new look and feel for the community and a complete design overhaul - making our platform much cleaner and easier to use with a new simplified vibe that reflects the look of our new homepage launching in May. This new design will be rolling out over the coming weeks and I'm excited to share with you a small preview - would love to hear your thoughts!

promo copy.jpg

The bad news:

There is nothing more polarising on our community than the falling emoji on the homepage. Some of you love it, some of you hate it - it's the marmite of Ditch the Label 😅. I'm personally gutted to let you know that the falling emoji will be no longer and with the new design we'll be saying a fond farewell to the chaos many of us have grown to love. But all is not lost as we're introducing a limited edition badge so that the falling emoji may exist in your badge showcase forever. To get the badge, simply post below and you'll automatically receive it.

badge-falling-emoji.png

Don't worry, you've still got a few weeks of falling emoji to enjoy before we retire the current design 🤣

Light a candle🕯️ and let's mourn this one together. #RIPFallingEmoji 💔

- Harper 🤠

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
8 minutes ago, _Leila_ said:

How do we get the badge?

Just by commenting here! You have it :) 

Staff-Account.png

I am exited for the new design. It looks so cool!

1 hour ago, -Marra- said:

I am exited for the new design. It looks so cool!

Yeah!!

ooooh new design cool!

but like, fill me in real quick, what is a falling emoji and where to get it?

Edited by Tokyo
  • Like 1

On 2/17/2023 at 7:08 AM, jake said:

First 

Crying Emoji GIFs | Tenor

edit: heyyy why did my funny post get moderator stopped? mods have no humour /j

Edited by A User

I’m gonna miss that :(

Excited for new stuff though. Still learning that not all change is bad, and this is a great example. 

• Like 2

On 2/17/2023 at 4:58 AM, Harper said:

Dearest community,

I have both good news and bad news.

The good news:

We're gearing up to launch an exciting new look and feel for the community and a complete design overhaul - making our platform much cleaner and easier to use with a new simplified vibe that reflects the look of our new homepage launching in May. This new design will be rolling out over the coming weeks and I'm excited to share with you a small preview - would love to hear your thoughts!

promo copy.jpg

The bad news:

There is nothing more polarising on our community than the falling emoji on the homepage. Some of you love it, some of you hate it - it's the marmite of Ditch the Label 😅. I'm personally gutted to let you know that the falling emoji will be no longer and with the new design we'll be saying a fond farewell to the chaos many of us have grown to love. But all is not lost as we're introducing a limited edition badge so that the falling emoji may exist in your badge showcase forever. To get the badge, simply post below and you'll automatically receive it.

badge-falling-emoji.png

Don't worry, you've still got a few weeks of falling emoji to enjoy before we retire the current design 🤣

Light a candle🕯️ and let's mourn this one together. #RIPFallingEmoji 💔

- Harper 🤠

Goodbye falling emoji

I will miss the panic when I get on the community and am not logged in (Because I'm always afraid someone will look at my computer right then) and I see the falling emojis :)

• Like 2

• Ditch the Label Staff
11 hours ago, TinyDinos said:

I’m gonna miss that :(

Excited for new stuff though. Still learning that not all change is bad, and this is a great example. 

😀

Staff-Account.png

• Ditch the Label Staff
On 2/18/2023 at 7:34 PM, A User said:

ooooh new design cool!

but like, fill me in real quick, what is a falling emoji and where to get it?

It's the falling emoji on the homepage of the community - you may be using the theme without the header area so won't see it if that's the case!

Staff-Account.png

I don't really know what the falling emoji is so it's fine by me. . . Also there's a new theme?

Will miss the falling emojis😞 but I am all for growth, some leaves need to fall off to get new ones🍃❤️

3 minutes ago, AceOfSpades said:

Ironic. Fall is my favorite time of year, but I hate having leaves fall off. 

Fall is probably my favorite season, too, but some trees are evergreen✨

That's why I love Washington, we are the evergreen state!

1 minute ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Fall is probably my favorite season, too, but some trees are evergreen✨

2 minutes ago, AceOfSpades said:

That's why I love Washington, we are the evergreen state!

Yoo so that's why we are on the same timeframe! Im from cali :) I love Washington because of the rain, and especially the west side😄

28 minutes ago, Equivalent Ways said:

Yoo so that's why we are on the same timeframe! Im from cali :) I love Washington because of the rain, and especially the west side😄

Hey, another PNWer! That's awesome! I'm actually from eastern WA, but I like the west side better for the same reason you do, rain! What's California like? In all the states I've been to I've never been there!