My Parents are so inconsiderate about me that it genuinely makes me hate life.

CL    

I ask two things from them

1. Please don't have your videos on so loud I can hear whats being said from my room, especially if its music.

2. Please don't make so much noise when its late that I lose sleep.

I honestly wish I couldn't feel pain so I could grab a pair of chopsticks and bust my ear drums, they DO NOT care about what I say, as I'm typing this I can almost perfectly hear every word that is being sung in that awful cover of whatever awful song it is. I can't focus on typing, I can't focus on gaming. I CAN HEAR the loud parts THROUGH MY HEADPHONES and they see NO issues with this.

I asked them to turn it down and dad straight up looked at me and said "Well we had to wake you up somehow"
I wasn't even asleep, and even if I was it was 7:30 and I didn't sleep well the night before so why would you care if I was asleep!?

Not that it matters, its not like they regularly keep me awake past midnight ON WORK NIGHTS.
And GOD FORBID I say I'm getting up early on the weekend, they seem to take that as a personal challenge to be as loud as possible as late as possible.

I don't care if they want to party with their friends in the yard, I don't care if they want to stay in and watch a movie/videos and listen to music, but I just ask that I am able to have some peace in my life... But no, they won't allow it.

I can't wait for the fall when I go to college so I don't have to put up with them, but I'm honestly losing the mental strength to keep myself from losing my mind.

16 hours ago, CL said:

I ask two things from them

1. Please don't have your videos on so loud I can hear whats being said from my room, especially if its music.

2. Please don't make so much noise when its late that I lose sleep.

I honestly wish I couldn't feel pain so I could grab a pair of chopsticks and bust my ear drums, they DO NOT care about what I say, as I'm typing this I can almost perfectly hear every word that is being sung in that awful cover of whatever awful song it is. I can't focus on typing, I can't focus on gaming. I CAN HEAR the loud parts THROUGH MY HEADPHONES and they see NO issues with this.

I asked them to turn it down and dad straight up looked at me and said "Well we had to wake you up somehow"
I wasn't even asleep, and even if I was it was 7:30 and I didn't sleep well the night before so why would you care if I was asleep!?

Not that it matters, its not like they regularly keep me awake past midnight ON WORK NIGHTS.
And GOD FORBID I say I'm getting up early on the weekend, they seem to take that as a personal challenge to be as loud as possible as late as possible.

I don't care if they want to party with their friends in the yard, I don't care if they want to stay in and watch a movie/videos and listen to music, but I just ask that I am able to have some peace in my life... But no, they won't allow it.

I can't wait for the fall when I go to college so I don't have to put up with them, but I'm honestly losing the mental strength to keep myself from losing my mind.

Hey @CL

It sounds like you're pretty frustrated with them at the moment which is totally understandable; it sounds like you're feeling disrespected by them and need to have some boundaries in order to make sure the home environment works for everyone - is that fair for me to say? I'm wondering, have you shared in detail how much this is affecting you? I can see that you have asked them to turn it down which didn't seem to work, but have you told them about the emotional impact of all this?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

7 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey @CL

It sounds like you're pretty frustrated with them at the moment which is totally understandable; it sounds like you're feeling disrespected by them and need to have some boundaries in order to make sure the home environment works for everyone - is that fair for me to say? I'm wondering, have you shared in detail how much this is affecting you? I can see that you have asked them to turn it down which didn't seem to work, but have you told them about the emotional impact of all this?

Your just about dead on there, I'm very frustrated and feel very disrespected and worthless to them, some boundaries would be fantastic, but they don't care to listen any time I try to set anything, they still call me punk, trouble, etc even though I've said to their faces "stop calling me that, I don't like it"

I genuinely doubt they would care if I told them that their actions is awful in my physical and mental health.

• Hug 1