This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Sex, Sexual Assault & Rape

About to get leaked

Shad0w ย  ย 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Sex, Sexual Assault & Rape

Click this notice to reveal the content.

What are some things to do when you know or feel as private images are to be leaked?

• Digital Mentor
This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Sex, Sexual Assault & Rape

Click this notice to reveal the content.
2 hours ago, Shad0w said:

What are some things to do when you know or feel as private images are to be leaked?

Hi @Shad0w, welcome to Ditch the Label! I'm Aurora and I am one of the support mentors here. I'm really glad you found us. Please know that you are not alone - there are lots of others here who have been in a similar situation to you. We are here for you and we can help you through this.ย 

Do you mind sharing a bit more, what's been going on for you? This will help me to support you better. It would helpful if you can let us know, how old you are. what platform you've been using to share your images, if you know the person in question and why you think that your images might be leaked? If you don't feel comfortable sharing this here you can always send us a message via confidential support instead. You can find the Confidential Support tap at the top of the page (next to Blogs).ย 

Staff-Account.png

On 2/11/2023 at 6:30 AM, Just Him said:

Scammer has my nudes and is threatening to release them

Hey @Just Him

Thank you for reaching out to us. I'm one of the digital mentors here and I give advice to those who reach out to us. There are a few things we can suggest to help with your situation. If you would find it helpful, we may be able to have their social media account removed if they threatened you over Tumblr, TikTok, Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, or Snapchat. To do this, please send both of your usernames and a screenshot of the conversation where they threaten you to support@ditchthelabel.org and take care to block out any of the nude content when you send this over.

Next, be sure to make your all your social accounts private if they are not already and block the individual. You could even ask your followers to block the account. If they know your real name, take this out of any social media usernames. You could also try to find their account on other social media platforms and block them there.ย 

Also, I have lots of experience in supporting people who have been threatened with having their nudes released, and usually blackmailed to pay money to stop it from doing so. If you are being blackmailed for money, as a general rule, never pay the individual. Their only motivation is money, and when they realise they arenโ€™t going to get it, they have nothing to gain by then leaking the picture, because they know they wonโ€™t get money. Therefore, block and ignore all communication. From experience, the more time that passes between blocking and not hearing from them, the less likely it is that the content will be leaked as the individual usually then moves on. What do you think?

ย 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e