i want my bestie back, i swear this isnt stupid, i need help

Natalie G    

this probably seems like it isn't that big of a deal or is going to be really boring, and im only 14 so im probably just being over dramatic, but I found this website, and i really hope it can give me advice or help me or something. 

I think it might be good to give you a little bit of context first before i get into the actual issue. 

A few summers ago I went to this camp, I was the oldest one there, and there was this boy (ill call him jonah) Jonah was a few months younger than me and went to my school. One day jonah announced to the entire camp that he was the oldest one there. long story short, it made me mad, we went back to school, i became best friends with his best friend and then me and jonah became friends. 

I was just beginning to get to be close friends with Jonah, when I realized that i had a major crush on him. I tried to ignore these feelings, but it got really hard. One day he told me that one of my other friends (i already knew she was bi) apparently had a crush on me. This made me really confused so i never brought it up with her. 

I loved being friends with jonah and we got really close. I also eventually got over my crush too. We had a lot of things in common, from our favorite movies to least favorite teachers. We would text for hours almost every night. Playing music is something that is really important to me, so when i was invited to go on a 3 week tour with my cousin (meaning i wouldn't see him or be able to text him) he was the first person i talked to about it. He told me to follow my heart and that he wanted me to go if i wanted to. A few weeks later i seriously injured my wrist ( so i couldn't play any instruments) he was super nice and tried to take my mind off of it. one day my cousin, who was like my favorite person on the planet (except for him) passed away from cancer. I thought things would change, but we ended up getting even closer. One day i saw him at school and completely broke down of tears for some random reason. most of my other friends just assumed that i wanted space (but dis check in later) but jonah asked if i wanted space and when i told him i didn't care, we went to an empty part of the gym and he just let me cry . when i had finally calmed down he asked me what was wrong and we talked through a lot of things that were going on in my life (family issues, eating disorders, ptsd, depression, panic attacks becoming more frequent)After that he said if i ever needed help with any of those things i could always talk to him. Then he hugged me and i told him i loved knowing him and rested my head on his shoulder. and then we got yelled at for being late to class, and he took the blame for the whole thing.  One day i came out to him as bi, and he told me he was too. On days when i was having my period and had majorly dramatic mood swings, he was there and mad attempts to calm me down. We both had struggled with suicidal stuff before, but it had gotten better for both of us. we both had eating disorders. we helped each other through everything. 

The point is i loved  being with him and we were pretty much inseparable. 

then over winter break i was dealing with some stuff and told him we could talk after break, but i needed some alone time after dealing with a major loss.

When we came back to school we were together again, but hadn't talked for 2 weeks. He started hanging out with these really popular girls. 3 days later he stopped sitting with me in the gym and

sat with them .  4 days late he told me he was moving lunch tables to sit by them. 5 days later he wouldn't even let me sit with him on the bus. now he wont talk to me and i feel like i really need one of his pep talks but all he does is ignore me. 

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!

• Hug 2

8 hours ago, Natalie Grace said:

this probably seems like it isn't that big of a deal or is going to be really boring, and im only 14 so im probably just being over dramatic, but I found this website, and i really hope it can give me advice or help me or something. 

I think it might be good to give you a little bit of context first before i get into the actual issue. 

A few summers ago I went to this camp, I was the oldest one there, and there was this boy (ill call him jonah) Jonah was a few months younger than me and went to my school. One day jonah announced to the entire camp that he was the oldest one there. long story short, it made me mad, we went back to school, i became best friends with his best friend and then me and jonah became friends. 

I was just beginning to get to be close friends with Jonah, when I realized that i had a major crush on him. I tried to ignore these feelings, but it got really hard. One day he told me that one of my other friends (i already knew she was bi) apparently had a crush on me. This made me really confused so i never brought it up with her. 

I loved being friends with jonah and we got really close. I also eventually got over my crush too. We had a lot of things in common, from our favorite movies to least favorite teachers. We would text for hours almost every night. Playing music is something that is really important to me, so when i was invited to go on a 3 week tour with my cousin (meaning i wouldn't see him or be able to text him) he was the first person i talked to about it. He told me to follow my heart and that he wanted me to go if i wanted to. A few weeks later i seriously injured my wrist ( so i couldn't play any instruments) he was super nice and tried to take my mind off of it. one day my cousin, who was like my favorite person on the planet (except for him) passed away from cancer. I thought things would change, but we ended up getting even closer. One day i saw him at school and completely broke down of tears for some random reason. most of my other friends just assumed that i wanted space (but dis check in later) but jonah asked if i wanted space and when i told him i didn't care, we went to an empty part of the gym and he just let me cry . when i had finally calmed down he asked me what was wrong and we talked through a lot of things that were going on in my life (family issues, eating disorders, ptsd, depression, panic attacks becoming more frequent)After that he said if i ever needed help with any of those things i could always talk to him. Then he hugged me and i told him i loved knowing him and rested my head on his shoulder. and then we got yelled at for being late to class, and he took the blame for the whole thing.  One day i came out to him as bi, and he told me he was too. On days when i was having my period and had majorly dramatic mood swings, he was there and mad attempts to calm me down. We both had struggled with suicidal stuff before, but it had gotten better for both of us. we both had eating disorders. we helped each other through everything. 

then over winter break i was dealing with some stuff and told him we could talk after break, but i needed some alone time after dealing with a major loss.

When we came back to school we were together again, but hadn't talked for 2 weeks. He started hanging out with these really popular girls. 3 days later he stopped sitting with me in the gym and

sat with them .  4 days late he told me he was moving lunch tables to sit by them. 5 days later he wouldn't even let me sit with him on the bus. now he wont talk to me and i feel like i really need one of his pep talks but all he does is ignore me. 

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!

Hey there,

We can see you've sent a message in confidential support and we will reply to that now :) 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

16 hours ago, Natalie G said:

PLEASE GIVE ME ADVICE!

Ok. So first of all I know exactly how you feel, because I'm going through something very similar. Maybe you should text him and ask to talk, or you should confront him at school. I think talking about your feelings and how this is affecting you will help. You should try and talk to him, and if that doesn't work, maybe as his friends what they think is going on? Especially if you two were inseparable, maybe something happened over winter break that changed the way he acts around you. Maybe something happened that made him feel like he couldn't be friends with you anymore. Honestly, just reading this makes me think there was some chemistry. I COULD BE WRONG SO DON'T THINK I'M 100% RIGHT! Maybe try talking to him first. 

thanks i might try to text him, but he literally leaves me unread every time.

I think over winter break when i told him i kinda needed a break, he started talking to the popular girls, and basically forgot about me. 

1 minute ago, Natalie G said:

thanks i might try to text him, but he literally leaves me unread every time.

I think over winter break when i told him i kinda needed a break, he started talking to the popular girls, and basically forgot about me. 

Hmmmmm yeah that seems difficult. If he does end up leaving you on read, maybe try and talk to him in person at school. You could always confront him when you see him alone, or get a group of people to go with you.

Just now, Natalie G said:

thanks. ill try

Good luck. :)