Hanging out with a group of friends for the first time

ArtemisArt    

Ok, this might sound kinda weird, but I have never gotten out and just hung out with a group of my friends.  They have always either lived in a diffrent city or were 'friends'.  Now I am very excited about this, but every time in the past (up untill I met this group of friends)  I would hang out with that frriend one outside of church or shcool and they would start drifting away from me, stop talking to me, and occasionaly just telling me to leave them alone.  I know that this is not the way this group of friends is, but it still scares me.  I don't want to lose these people.

Now, I have a small feeling as to why this happend.  In order to have any friends in the first place, I discovered I had to tone down my personality when I was about 5 or 6.  I have mostly been able to stop doing it, but I still do at church and school a tiny bit.  There people are some of the only people that know the whole me, and not just the 'quiet book nerd' or 'loud drama kid' or 'crazy reptile owner'  

I just want to know if anyone has any advice to help the nerves, I realy want to have fun tonight, and I know I will forget the nerves when it is time, but right now, I am very nervuse.

17 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

Ok, this might sound kinda weird, but I have never gotten out and just hung out with a group of my friends.  They have always either lived in a diffrent city or were 'friends'.  Now I am very excited about this, but every time in the past (up untill I met this group of friends)  I would hang out with that frriend one outside of church or shcool and they would start drifting away from me, stop talking to me, and occasionaly just telling me to leave them alone.  I know that this is not the way this group of friends is, but it still scares me.  I don't want to lose these people.

Now, I have a small feeling as to why this happend.  In order to have any friends in the first place, I discovered I had to tone down my personality when I was about 5 or 6.  I have mostly been able to stop doing it, but I still do at church and school a tiny bit.  There people are some of the only people that know the whole me, and not just the 'quiet book nerd' or 'loud drama kid' or 'crazy reptile owner'  

I just want to know if anyone has any advice to help the nerves, I realy want to have fun tonight, and I know I will forget the nerves when it is time, but right now, I am very nervuse.

Hey there,

How did it go with the group of friends? It sounds like your nerves were getting to you, and I'm wondering, did you manage to calm them down in the end? 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

things went really well, I redisovered how bad I was at bowling, at just had a lot of fun.  I ended up, well, this might sound kinda weird, but I made a book.  bookbinding is a new hobby of mine, so I made one to help calm my nerves

My brother and I do bookbinding! It's really fun. I'm glad someone else enjoys it.

17 hours ago, ArtemisArt said:

things went really well, I redisovered how bad I was at bowling, at just had a lot of fun.  I ended up, well, this might sound kinda weird, but I made a book.  bookbinding is a new hobby of mine, so I made one to help calm my nerves

Hey there,

It's great that things went well and that you were able to calm your nerves :)

I'm wondering, is there anything else that helps you to calm down? Also, the book binding is not weird at all; in fact, it sounds pretty cool. How do you do it?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e