This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Sort of hurting myself?

Cinnamoroll_iwritebooks Β  Β 

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.

I let my cat bite and scratch me, sometimes to the point of me crying and bleeding. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I don't want to be in this world anymore. I'm sick of pushing my feelings down for others. Any advice?

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Self-Harm

Click this notice to reveal the content.
6 hours ago, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

I let my cat bite and scratch me, sometimes to the point of me crying and bleeding. I don't really know why. Maybe it's because I don't want to be in this world anymore. I'm sick of pushing my feelings down for others. Any advice?

Hey,

Thank you for reaching out to us.

I noticed what you said about how you maybe don't want to be in this world anymore. I'm wondering, can you tell me more about this feeling? It sounds like you might be unsure about this feeling right now which is okay, but it would be good to know if you're safe or not. Just incase you aren't safe here is some safety information if you are in crisis:Β 

Take care and speak soon. Remember, although it might not seem like jt now, there is light at the end of every tunnel and we are here fpr you.Β 

Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

My friends are always talking about their feelings and I never get a chance to talk about mine. Its fee;s like they're ganging up on me. But they are my only friends so I just deal with it.

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

My friends are always talking about their feelings and I never get a chance to talk about mine. Its fee;s like they're ganging up on me. But they are my only friends so I just deal with it.

Hi there, Monsoon isn't online at the moment so I thought I would jump in. I hope you don't mind.Β 

I'm sorry you're having a tough time with your friends. It sounds like you're taking a lot on by listening to their feelings but you have no one to talk to about how you feel. How do you think your friends would react if you started talking about what's been going on for you? Also, do you think it might be easier to just talk to one friend, rather than the whole group? I find it easier to be heard when it's just me and one other person. Do you think that might work?Β 

I noticed that you said that it feels like your friends are ganging up on you. Do you want to tell us a bit more about that?

Staff-Account.png

That would not work. They think alot alike so feel that it would be the same. They gang up on me saying I don't care when that is all I have ever done. It's not fair!

• 3 months later...
Aurora
This post was recognized by Aurora!

Zaylee was awarded the badge 'Great Advice' and 20 points.

On 1/27/2023 at 10:11 AM, Cinnamoroll_iwritebooks said:

That would not work. They think alot alike so feel that it would be the same. They gang up on me saying I don't care when that is all I have ever done. It's not fair!

Hey, I think I understand kind of what your going through. I've had some really crappy friends who speak for me, ignore me, accuse me of things I didn't do, etc.Β Make sure you have a serious conversation with them, tell them that you've been suppressing your emotions for their sake. If they don't care, or they try and make themselves the victims, then you gotta drop them. Real friends build each other up, they don't tear each other down.Β You can make new friends, there's a whole world of 'em. Don't let them push you down, because one day, you'll look back and realize that you are amazing the way that you are. With or without them. Don't keep yourself in a toxic friendship.

• Digital Mentor
14 hours ago, Zaylee said:

Hey, I think I understand kind of what your going through. I've had some really crappy friends who speak for me, ignore me, accuse me of things I didn't do, etc.Β Make sure you have a serious conversation with them, tell them that you've been suppressing your emotions for their sake. If they don't care, or they try and make themselves the victims, then you gotta drop them. Real friends build each other up, they don't tear each other down.Β You can make new friends, there's a whole world of 'em. Don't let them push you down, because one day, you'll look back and realize that you are amazing the way that you are. With or without them. Don't keep yourself in a toxic friendship.

Hi @Zaylee, that's really great advice! I love how you said: "because one day you'll look back and realize that you are amazing the way that you are". That's really uplifting πŸ˜€. I'm sorry you've had crappy friends yourself but it sounds like you've recognised what's been going on (we don't always do!) and I hope you're now surrounded by friends who are supportive, trusting and accepting of who you are.Β 

• Hug 1

Staff-Account.png