This is a question i have but no one can answer it.

-Aussie- Β  Β 

So in in my class we are tanking about religions and stuff and how people belive in one or more gods and what they are called but What is it called when you don't belive in any god like i know there are god/s but i don't belive in them. what is it called if you don't belive in any god/s?

2 hours ago, -Marra- said:

So in in my class we are tanking about religions and stuff and how people belive in one or more gods and what they are called but What is it called when you don't belive in any god like i know there are god/s but i don't belive in them. what is it called if you don't belive in any god/s?

The only thing I can think of is aethiestΒ 

Either atheist, or nihilist I’d say

Edited by TinyDinos
Typo

• Digital Mentor
2 hours ago, -Marra- said:

Heyy @-Marra-, That's a pretty interesting topic of discussion. Just adding to what @TinyDinosΒ @Emberfrost12Β have mentioned. This is a summary of some of the major Religions and Beliefs around the globe. Hope you find this helpful. Would love to hear your thoughts on it as well.Β 

• Agnosticism

Agnosticism is the view that the truth of metaphysical claims regarding, in particular, the existence of a god or gods, or even ultimate reality, is unknown and may be impossible to know. One can be an agnostic as well as an atheist or religious believer.

• Atheism

Atheism describes a state of having no theistic beliefs; that is, no beliefs in gods or supernatural beings.

Β 

• Baha'i

The Baha'i Faith began in Persia in 1844 with the declaration of a new religion, distinctive from the Shi'a Islam found there. Key beliefs include belief in one God; the unity of mankind; equality of opportunity for men and women; and elimination of prejudice.

• Buddhism

A way of living based on the teachings of Siddhartha Gautama. The Five Precepts are the basic rules of living for lay Buddhists – refrain from harming living beings; taking what is not given; sexual misconduct; harmful speech; and drink or drugs which cloud the mind.

• Christianity

Based on the teaching of Jesus Christ. Christian groups differ in their interpretation of his teaching, life, death and resurrection, but these matters are at the heart of the way of life of all of them.Β 

• Humanism

Humanism is the belief that we can live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs. Humanists make sense of the world using reason, experience and shared human values and aim to make the best of the life we have by creating meaning and purpose for ourselves. Humanists work with others for the common good. [symbol Β© British Humanist Association].

• Hinduism

An ancient tradition of related beliefs and practices that developed in the Indian subcontinent. Core ideals and values shared by most Hindus would include respect for elders; reverence for teachers; regard for guests and tolerance of all races and religions.Β 

• Islam

Revealed in its final form by the Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The essentials of Muslim practice are summarised in the five pillars of Islam – declaration of faith; ritual prayer; welfare; a month of fasting during Ramadan; and pilgrimage.Β 

• Jainism

An ancient philosophy and ethical teaching that originated in India. The main principle is ahimsa – the avoidance, where possible, of physical or mental harm to any living being. Jainism is a religion without a belief in a creator god.

• Judaism

Based around the Jewish people's covenant relationship with God. Jews believe they are challenged and blessed by God. Love of one's neighbour is the great principle of social life and the founding inspiration of the Jewish community.Β 

• Sikhism

The religion founded by Guru Nanak in India in the 15th Century CE. There is one God, people should serve by leading a life of prayer and obedience. Sikhs believe their soul then passes through various existences and will become one with God.

• Zoroastrianism

Zoroastrianism is a religion founded in ancient times by the prophet Zarathushtra, who taught that Ahura Mazda (Lord of Wisdom), the all powerful and perfect creator, grants humans Vohu Manah – a clear rational mind with which to dispel ignorance.

Β 

Staff-Account.png

I did so looking into what all of you said and i think it is an atheist Thank you for the help

Β 

Edited by -Marra-
  • Like 1