Jump to content

Always questioning everything


Aces
 Share

Recommended Posts

hey there @Aces, i'm super sorry to hear what you've been going through :( it sounds awful. i'm afraid i can't give you professional advice, as i'm struggling with depression as well, but know that you are not alone. there are people out there who understand and care about you. i'm going to tag DTL support mentors below so they can give you some better advice, but i'm always here if you need to chat.

@Aurora @Monsoon @Luie

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
3 hours ago, Aces said:

For the past 3 months now straight ish... I've just had non stop depression and i'm slowly starting to break down. I really want to change I hate depression it's just wanting to ruin my life every day. 

Heyy @Aces, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.  Welcome to our community, so glad to have you with us! 🤗

Sorry to hear about the depressive symptoms that you've been going through for the past three months, it sounds difficult to deal with it all. Thanks for sharing it with us here on the platform. If you're up for sharing a bit more, did something happen three months ago? 

Btw, you can choose to continue speaking on this post chain or if you prefer more one to one support please message us on confidential support (Next to blogs in the top tab) and I'll get back to you. Here for you. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
23 minutes ago, peanutbutterstruggles said:

hey there @Aces, i'm super sorry to hear what you've been going through :( it sounds awful. i'm afraid i can't give you professional advice, as i'm struggling with depression as well, but know that you are not alone. there are people out there who understand and care about you. i'm going to tag DTL support mentors below so they can give you some better advice, but i'm always here if you need to chat.

@Aurora @Monsoon @Luie

Heyy @peanutbutterstruggles, Thanks for the shout. Appreciate members who look out for each other on the community!

 Awesome Rock And Roll GIF

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Luie said:

Heyy @Aces, I am Luie, one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label.  Welcome to our community, so glad to have you with us! 🤗

Sorry to hear about the depressive symptoms that you've been going through for the past three months, it sounds difficult to deal with it all. Thanks for sharing it with us here on the platform. If you're up for sharing a bit more, did something happen three months ago? 

Btw, you can choose to continue speaking on this post chain or if you prefer more one to one support please message us on confidential support (Next to blogs in the top tab) and I'll get back to you. Here for you. 

Hello, thank you for replying. Nothing really happened at all to be honest. I always constantly think I'm failing at everything I do. If I'm not on top or near the top of something (Motorsport and Athletics in this scenario) I instantly think I am a failure. And if I can't be good at the 1 thing I've done my entire life why shall I continue? But I never know what I would do. I would start breaking down in private over anything at the moment.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

40 minutes ago, peanutbutterstruggles said:

hey there @Aces, i'm super sorry to hear what you've been going through :( it sounds awful. i'm afraid i can't give you professional advice, as i'm struggling with depression as well, but know that you are not alone. there are people out there who understand and care about you. i'm going to tag DTL support mentors below so they can give you some better advice, but i'm always here if you need to chat.

@Aurora @Monsoon @Luie

Thank you <3 

  • Hug 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
23 hours ago, Aces said:

Hello, thank you for replying. Nothing really happened at all to be honest. I always constantly think I'm failing at everything I do. If I'm not on top or near the top of something (Motorsport and Athletics in this scenario) I instantly think I am a failure. And if I can't be good at the 1 thing I've done my entire life why shall I continue? But I never know what I would do. I would start breaking down in private over anything at the moment.

Heyy @Aces this sounds really tough and seems to be hurtful on your self esteem, I am sorry to hear that you go through this on a regular basis. You said that you constantly think that you're failing at everything you do, I wanted to check with you if it's just a thought or are you not able to actually  meet a certain criteria for motor sports and athletics as you mentioned?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Thank you for replying. 

45 minutes ago, Luie said:

I wanted to check with you if it's just a thought or are you not able to actually  meet a certain criteria for motor sports and athletics as you mentioned?

I always feel like im under performing. I've started falling off slightly and I don't know why. I train 5 days a week at the moment knowing that I am capable of doing what I want to be doing. I'm beyond meeting the criteria but it's just from winning stuff to coming 3rd etc is not what I expected especially when im doing everything the same. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
20 hours ago, Aces said:

Thank you for replying. 

I always feel like im under performing. I've started falling off slightly and I don't know why. I train 5 days a week at the moment knowing that I am capable of doing what I want to be doing. I'm beyond meeting the criteria but it's just from winning stuff to coming 3rd etc is not what I expected especially when im doing everything the same. 

It sounds to me that there are certain expectations that you've set for yourself and when they are not met it's putting you down and you're feeling disappointed, did I get that correctly?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Digital Mentor
On 1/19/2023 at 6:13 PM, Aces said:

Schools just made this week so much worse. Started arguing with people it's just so annoying that i'm just trying to go with my day. Just for it to go worse then I started school that same morning.

Heyy @Aces, Sorry that it wasn't a good week for you. Would you like to talk about how school made things worse this week and what the argument was between you and others? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Luie said:

. Would you like to talk about how school made things worse this week and what the argument was between you and others? 

It's just I never get along with teachers at all I've been suspended twice. I want to change but the cooperation from my school isn't working 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...