ADHD Struggles

_Kai_    

So I don't know 100% if I've been diagnosed yet (As I don't remember most of my childhood, & yes I'm saying childhood since I'm a teenager), but my mom says that me & my brother for sure have it, I've been wanting to get actually diagnosed so I'm not falsey saying I have smth I don't. But I'm almost certain I do, anyways I hate the fact that I do might have it since its so hard to focus & learn, constantly getting in trouble for not focusing/listening & that I'm too energetic to sit still, does anyone have any tips for coping with it?

Edited by _Kai_
  • Hug 1
  • Pride 1

• 3 weeks later...

I have been dignosed and I think I can help. Something that has helped a ton is fidgets. I know that they are not a thing anymore, but they help alot. also maybe talk to your parents about getting an appointment with a doctor to see if you have ADHD

• Thanks 1

13 hours ago, whatamI? said:

I have been dignosed and I think I can help. Something that has helped a ton is fidgets. I know that they are not a thing anymore, but they help alot. also maybe talk to your parents about getting an appointment with a doctor to see if you have ADHD

Thank youuuuuuu, & I've been wanting to see a doctor so ik if I have ADHD or not but like my parents are weird- to put it nicely, they're conspiracy theorists so its not always "easy" to go out💀

ooh. Thats hard. there are also online doctor approved quizez. You could take one of those?

• Thanks 1

YOU CAN DO IT!!

On 1/26/2023 at 12:35 PM, LEOQUEENUNITED said:

ooh. Thats hard. there are also online doctor approved quizez. You could take one of those?

Ooo I shall rn, thank u for the idea!

23 minutes ago, Big E said:

Hey! I was diagnosed with ADHD over a decade ago. If you have any questions or want any advice I am happy to share :)

Ellooo! Hmmmm, are there any signs u noticed yourself having even before getting officially disgnosed? 

16 hours ago, _Kai_ said:

Ellooo! Hmmmm, are there any signs u noticed yourself having even before getting officially disgnosed? 

I was quite young so I didn't really understand most of it, and there wasn't much awareness when I was growing up. My teacher would consistently kick me out the classroom for distracting other students, now that I am older I realise how truly unfair that was. Not everyone can sit and listen to a teacher speak for hours whilst remaining in silence and sat still. Being sociable is a really great trait, don't ever feel bad for it. There are many ways you can be supported in the classroom now if you are able to get a diagnosis. Happy to answer any more questions you may have :)

• 3 weeks later...

Yeh that's true people sometimes like to play with their hair, fidget and even sometimes just ask a teacher to go outside and get some fresh air 

• 6 months later...

Fidgets can either be the ultimate help or ultimate destroyer. For some reason, if I overfidget my brain just shuts down. Uhhh...idk what i'm doing here, but I do have adhd (of the inattentive kind). When I got the diagnosis, I did not believe them. Then I started occasionally commenting 'I have adhd' in conversation, and the people I talked to would just look at me and go 'no kidding' or 'we could tell.' Once again, I don't know what I'm trying to achieve by commenting this. oh well....