Any suggestions or tips? Really panicking right now…

Avyavastha    

I’ve already been questioning my sexuality and gender identity for about a year now, but I might want to try to come out to my parents soon. I really don’t know what I should do because my entire family, including my parents, are Hindus, and I’m an atheist even though I haven’t told them yet. I’m scared of coming out because my dad might be homophobic, and I don’t think I’m ready for my mom to keep telling me that “it’s just a phase”. What should I do??

Edited by Ciaran

tbh theres not much you can do against their opinions; erasure is bad enough but surely its not as bad as being kicked out over it which is what a lot of homophobic families might threaten you with. coming out isnt mandatory; you dont have to if you dont want to; you can wait til youre of age to move out and freely be yourself then. but as long as your family wont cause you serious safety issues for being lgbtq i think its ok to come out? but be ready to bear any bigoted views they might have toward you tho

• Thanks 1

Thanks for replying. 🙂 I know I can’t change their opinion, or how they see the lgbtqia+ community, but I want to be able to not hide anymore. The only place I can really do that is school, because everyone knows who I am, and how I’m “that one trans boy” or “the gay kid”. Thanks for your advice! 😁

18 hours ago, Ciaran-the-trans-gay said:

Thanks for replying. 🙂 I know I can’t change their opinion, or how they see the lgbtqia+ community, but I want to be able to not hide anymore. The only place I can really do that is school, because everyone knows who I am, and how I’m “that one trans boy” or “the gay kid”. Thanks for your advice! 😁

np. i hope everything goes smoothly for ya

• Thanks 1