Bisexual

jlarseneau    

not bi but it depends on the environment the individual is in. from what other bi folks had said about coming out i have seen a few recurring reactions

1. pick a side troupe [only accepting the individuals homo/hetero aspect of their orientation]
  2. homophobic troupe [only accepting the hetero aspect of their orientation and actively rejects their homosexual attraction]
  3. denial troupe [thinking the individual cant be bi at all]
  4. hyperfixation troupe [only focusing on the homo aspect of their orientation; calling them gay/lesbian etc instead of bi]
  5. biphobic troupe [people that thinks bisexuality doesnt exist]

in most cases people tend to view the individual slightly differently now that theyre partially homosexual due to bi stereotypes

Edited by sevan
  • Thanks 1

17 hours ago, jlarseneau said:

Hey so is it true when you come out that people look at you differently and judge you?

Hey there,

This is a really interesting question. I'm wondering, what has led you to ask this here? Also, how would you answer this question?

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

This is a really interesting question. I'm wondering, what has led you to ask this here? Also, how would you answer this question?

HI its because if i come out im scared people are going to judge me and make fun of me and then no one would want to be my friend. And because lately ive been getting some good advice on here and thats what i need right now. Im not exacty sure

Hey there,

It's completely normal to have that fear around being judged and treated differently when you come out, but the thing is, you don't really know the answer to that, and you don't have control over how people respond. However, you are in control of your life and the decisions you make, and choosing to be open and live authentically is really powerful and will bring you a lot of benefits. What do you think?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e