Jump to content
This topic contains content which has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse, Suicide

problems w/ my mom


lliam.    

Recommended Posts

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Abuse

Click this notice to reveal the content.

if you read that then, thanks

helloo i'm lliam! so i've been adopted for almost all my life and it's been a hard journey. my mother mistreats me a lot ever since my adoptive father died. i didn't really cry because he never liked me, and my mother said it was wrong of me to not even care about the funeral, but i did. ever since that day, she's really made me hate myself. recently i went to the doctor and they said i was slightly overweight. my mother never knew that just because i eat alot for soccer. she's been making me starve myself and some days i only eat lettuce ( she says it will make me lose weight. ) i've had multiple attempts to k1ll myself, but my gut always tells me something will change one day. i love my mother, but she's always so rude to me. the only person i love very much is my aunt. she accepts me for the way i am, but my mom limits our visits now. i feel like it's all my fault for not caring about the funeral, but my aunt reminds me that my father doesn't deserve the love he got. my mom recently has been abus1ng me in kinda weird ways. thanks 4 reading ig

Edited by lliam.
had to add a trigger warning
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like things are hard for you at home right now, and I just want you to know that we are here for you and you're not alone in this. I saw what you said about how you've made multiple attempts to kill yourself which I'm sorry to hear about; you must have been feeling low in those moments, and I hope you're feeling a little better now. I'm wondering, are you safe at the moment? If you're not, it's okay to share this, and the more we know about what's going on, the more we can help you. Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

- Phone lines you can call to speak to someone: UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service), USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-825), and a list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org

- An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 

- If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Also, I noticed what you said about how she has been abusing you in kinda weird ways; can you tell me more about that?

 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

This post has been flagged with warnings, as follows: Suicide

Click this notice to reveal the content.
7 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Thank you for reaching out to us. It sounds like things are hard for you at home right now, and I just want you to know that we are here for you and you're not alone in this. I saw what you said about how you've made multiple attempts to kill yourself which I'm sorry to hear about; you must have been feeling low in those moments, and I hope you're feeling a little better now. I'm wondering, are you safe at the moment? If you're not, it's okay to share this, and the more we know about what's going on, the more we can help you. Just incase you need it, here is some safety information if you are in crisis: 

- Phone lines you can call to speak to someone: UK - The Samaritans: 116 123 (24/7 service), USA - NSPL: 1-800-273-825), and a list of worldwide crisis lines: https://www.befrienders.org

- An app I can recommend: https://www.prevent-suicide.org.uk/find-help-now/stay-alive-app/ this has safety plans to make sure you don't harm yourself and you might find it useful. 

- If you’re in the UK, you can text SHOUT to 85258 when you are struggling, and a trained crisis volunteer will text you back. This is great if you find talking on the phone challenging, and it’s completely free 24/7

Also, I noticed what you said about how she has been abusing you in kinda weird ways; can you tell me more about that?

 

oh yeah, i could say i'm safe. my mom leaves me at home with no access to food, she'll hit me on a frequent basic for doing literally nothing. like i'd be finishing homework for school and she'll hit me and yell at me. i haven't had any suicide attempts recently, so i'm doing much better. my mom would make me clean the entire house and just make a mess so i do all the work. i'm the only one who does chores around the house, so i barley have time to myself. if i get a 'bad grade' such as an A- she'll hit me, yell at me, make a mess, and make me clean it. it's kind of weird, but i'm used to it anyways.

Edited by lliam.
i keep forgetting to add a trigger warning
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, lliam. said:

oh yeah, i could say i'm safe. my mom leaves me at home with no access to food, she'll hit me on a frequent basic for doing literally nothing. like i'd be finishing homework for school and she'll hit me and yell at me. i haven't had any suicide attempts recently, so i'm doing much better. my mom would make me clean the entire house and just make a mess so i do all the work. i'm the only one who does chores around the house, so i barley have time to myself. if i get a 'bad grade' such as an A- she'll hit me, yell at me, make a mess, and make me clean it. it's kind of weird, but i'm used to it anyways.

Hey,

I have sent you a message on confidential support so we can talk about this privately, I hope that's okay. You can find this by clicking 'Confidential Support' at the top of the page. If you can't see it, can you let me know, please? Take care and speak soon. 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

Link to comment
Share on other sites

31 minutes ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

I have sent you a message on confidential support so we can talk about this privately, I hope that's okay. You can find this by clicking 'Confidential Support' at the top of the page. If you can't see it, can you let me know, please? Take care and speak soon. 

alright!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...