I think i like her

vega    

so i have this friend

she seems to be exactly what makes me smile

she curses so much which i find hilarious and she also has a dark sense of humor

on top of that my sarcasm seems to make her laugh

and she has been hugging me a bit and i dont feel as awkward as i normally do

i think i like her

maybe she likes me

should i do anything, maybe make a small 'joke' and see how she reacts

i dont know

On 11/29/2022 at 1:27 AM, vega said:

so i have this friend

she seems to be exactly what makes me smile

she curses so much which i find hilarious and she also has a dark sense of humor

on top of that my sarcasm seems to make her laugh

and she has been hugging me a bit and i dont feel as awkward as i normally do

i think i like her

maybe she likes me

should i do anything, maybe make a small 'joke' and see how she reacts

i dont know

Hey there,

This is exciting and it sounds like you have a really good connection! I think definitely make a small joke to see how she reacts. What do you think you'll say? Also, I'm thinking, could you maybe ask her if she has any crushes and see what she says?

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

• 2 weeks later...

nope, this isnt working

i made a comment about being liked by someone in the class and she said she would NEVER date anyone in our class

now i wait for the next crush that will never like me back

On 12/10/2022 at 1:56 AM, vega said:

nope, this isnt working

i made a comment about being liked by someone in the class and she said she would NEVER date anyone in our class

now i wait for the next crush that will never like me back

Hey there,

I'm really sorry to hear that. How have you been since she said that? I hope you're as okay as you can be. 

honestly i kind of expected this

i mean, im not quite desirable and none of these things ever work

story of my life

Hey there,

It’s interesting that you say you’re not desirable. Can I ask, how long have you felt like that, and what do you think makes you not quite desirable? 

On 12/13/2022 at 2:52 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

It’s interesting that you say you’re not desirable. Can I ask, how long have you felt like that, and what do you think makes you not quite desirable? 

well im not exactly liked

if i bring up anything im interested in people basically roll their eyes. If you hang out with me or my friend group then people see you are weird and make up rumors about you

anyone who would date me would probably get 10 time worse

also im way too insecure 

1 hour ago, vega said:

if i bring up anything im interested in people basically roll their eyes. If you hang out with me or my friend group then people see you are weird and make up rumors about you

also im way too insecure 

Ayyyyyy, if people call you or your friend group weird again just take it as a compliment (That's what I do✨)

You being weird makes u different & special from all the fake peeps out there👍🏽 (I was in the weird group at school which I found exciting since there were more people like me, but that may just be how I viewed it TvT)

• Like 1

19 hours ago, vega said:

also im way too insecure 

Hey,

It sounds like you're really down on yourself at the moment, and I can imagine that this really impacts your self esteem and general mood as well. However, it doesn't have to be like this, and there are things you can do to boost your confidence. Would you like us to share some tips to help with this? 

4 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey,

It sounds like you're really down on yourself at the moment, and I can imagine that this really impacts your self esteem and general mood as well. However, it doesn't have to be like this, and there are things you can do to boost your confidence. Would you like us to share some tips to help with this? 

yes please

16 hours ago, vega said:

yes please

Hey there,

Would you like to have a read of our support guide here? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

Maybe you can take some time to pick out the main ones that stand out to you and then we can figure out how to take them forward to help you build your confidence! 

1 minute ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

Would you like to have a read of our support guide here? https://www.ditchthelabel.org/overcoming-low-self-esteem/

Maybe you can take some time to pick out the main ones that stand out to you and then we can figure out how to take them forward to help you build your confidence! 

thank you

ok, im really confused though now

today she was all over me, poking me, snuggling in, making her sexuality very clear- bi

what am i supposed to do?

maybe there is something there and i was giving up too easy?

Hey there,

That is interesting, especially what she said about not wanting to date anyone in the class. What do you think this behaviour means for your situation with her? 

22 hours ago, Monsoon said:

Hey there,

That is interesting, especially what she said about not wanting to date anyone in the class. What do you think this behaviour means for your situation with her? 

i don't know, she almost seems interested but i have never been in this situation before

Hey,

Yeah, it is a tricky one really isn't it. I'm wondering, could you maybe just point out her behaviour and ask her why? That way, you aren't really giving anything away. 

On 12/21/2022 at 3:07 PM, Monsoon said:

Hey,

Yeah, it is a tricky one really isn't it. I'm wondering, could you maybe just point out her behaviour and ask her why? That way, you aren't really giving anything away. 

that could work...

On 12/19/2022 at 4:18 PM, vega said:

ok, im really confused though now

today she was all over me, poking me, snuggling in, making her sexuality very clear- bi

what am i supposed to do?

maybe there is something there and i was giving up too easy?

I mean I'm more of a indirect person when it comes to my feelings and act like i'm not interested in them when i really am.It's possible that she's the same and was just lying before so her real feelings didn't show through 

• Like 1

On 12/23/2022 at 1:43 AM, vega said:

that could work...

Hey there,

Yeah, maybe give it a try, and if you feel like it, you can let us know how it goes? 

Monsoon
This post was recognized by Monsoon!

"Helpful content :)"

Avyavastha was awarded the badge 'Act of Kindness' and 10 points.

Try asking her about her behavior, then asking her why she’s been more touchy-feely lately? I was in a situation similar to this, but in the opposite position. Your best friend might be trying to give you hints that she likes you, or maybe just being more affectionate?