Coming out storyy

Shane H Β  Β 

My bio says that I've recently came out to my parents but it wasn't that easy. I'd been made fun of at school and people would say "she's confused" or "she just hasn't found the right guy", but the truth is that I have always known what I liked as a kid but I thought if I said anything. People would say I'm just doing it for attention or they would look at me differently. And as for my parents, my mom and dad are very weird and anxious all the time, so when I told them they tried to act calm but they were clearly dying inside and I don't know why it pains me to see them that way,Β  but part of me is relieved and I'm glad they know. But everyone is so stereotypical at my school. The girls are always like "wait so do you like me?" usually it's whatever but it's getting annoying, oh and don't even get me started with the guys,Β  they just mad I got more play and they don't honestly. I'm not sure if anyone will read this but uh yea stereotypes lmao

Edited by Shanehansley
  • Hug 1

14 hours ago, Shanehansley said:

My bio says that I've recently came out to my parents but it wasn't that easy. I'd been made fun of at school and people would say "she's confused" or "she just hasn't found the right guy", but the truth is that I have always known what I liked as a kid but I thought if I said anything. People would say I'm just doing it for attention or they would look at me differently. And as for my parents, my mom and dad are very weird and anxious all the time, so when I told them they tried to act calm but they were clearly dying inside and I don't know why it pains me to see them that way,Β  but part of me is relieved and I'm glad they know. But everyone is so stereotypical at my school. The girls are always like "wait so do you like me?" usually it's whatever but it's getting annoying, oh and don't even get me started with the guys,Β  they just mad I got more play and they don't honestly. I'm not sure if anyone will read this but uh yea stereotypes lmao

Hey there,

Thanks for sharing.Β 

Yeah, the stereotypes can be really tricky, but they also offer chances to educate people. However, there is no pressure to do that; you can choose to ignore it as well. What do you think? Also, how has it been for you more generally since you've been out?Β 

• Like 1

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e

16 hours ago, Shanehansley said:

Hi! I saw your post and I think that it's VERY messed up that people have been saying these things and I completely understand. No one should ever have to be going through what you're going through, no one has a right to tell you that you "haven't found the right guy" or "you're confused". It is what you feel and what you know, know what they think. Try not to think about what they say all the time ok? Distract yourself with something you enjoy doing. With your parents I think that they could possibly support but are anxious about what other people are going to say to you/them. Try watching some LGBTQ+ shows or movies around them and see their reaction. I recommend Heartstopper, Heartbreak High, First kill, Young royals, and Atypical. If you think that their reaction to you was negative try to talk to them about what you're feeling about their reactions to you coming out. I know what I'm asking could be very hard for you but I believe in you :)