Someone is blackmailing me with my nudes and I'm scared to tell someone since I'm a minor and I don't wanna get into trouble

DA.AKN1 Β  Β 

• Digital Mentor
10 hours ago, DA.AKN1 said:

Someone is blackmailing me and I don't know what to do

Β 

Heyy @DA.AKN1, I am Luie one of the support mentors with Ditch the Label, welcome to our platform.Β 

I am genuinely sorry to hear you're going through this. Firstly, I would recommend to make sure you don't transfer them any money. Second would be to make sure you have all the screenshots of the communications shared between all the parties involved. We can continue this conversation on confidential support if you'd like so that we can discuss the help you can reach in the country you are based. Would that be more comfortable for you?

Β 

Staff-Account.png

I'm also a minor, and I'm not allowed snapchat, so that's one thing I want to keep a secret. But on snapchat someone is blackmailing me for my nudes. He doesn't want any money. All he wants is for me to get naked on call every night till he finds a new girl. I really need help because I want it to end but I dont want to have to tell my parents. And I dont want to get in trouble. I dont want to go to jail. I rlly dont.

Edited by jaidin

4 hours ago, jaidin said:

I'm also a minor, and I'm not allowed snapchat, so that's one thing I want to keep a secret. But on snapchat someone is blackmailing me for my nudes. He doesn't want any money. All he wants is for me to get naked on call every night till he finds a new girl. I really need help because I want it to end but I dont want to have to tell my parents. And I dont want to get in trouble. I dont want to go to jail. I rlly dont.

Hello @jaidin

Thank you for reaching out to us about this. I'm sorry to hear you have been blackmailed for your nudes. I can imagine that this is really stressful for you, and I just want you to know that we are here to help you in whatever way we can.

I'm wondering, which social media platform is he currently contacting you on? If there is any evidence of him talking on any of the following platforms, especially where he threatens you, then please send a screenshot of this with both of your usernames to support@ditchthelabel.org and we can report this for you.Β  These include: Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Twitter, YouTube, or Tumblr. This will not get you in trouble with the police, and it may mean that his account gets removed. We are trusted flaggers at Ditch the Label, and any report we make is prioritised by the platform and looked at first.

Once you have done this, I would really encourage you to block all accounts and not accept any new message requests. Thinking about it, if he did leak the content once you blocked him, he would not get anything out of doing it. The only motivation for him to threaten you is for him to keep getting the videocalls, and by blocking him, he won't get that anymore and there would be no point for him to then leak your content.Β What do you think?Β 

digital-mentor.png.37594766624d87064910e